Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current have and issue with the latest UK map update. 3 D S AWD 2017 with ITCP. I originally updated the sat nav for the first time a couple of months ago. Using a USB 3.0 Formatted Fat32 using a Mac. all worked fine.

All good until I used the same USB for the latest update. It says its been updated but when I put it back in the car I get the error msg ' Format not supported for multimedia usage'

Im going to try a different USB but has anyone any suggestions if I am missing something. Engine was running and Nativation on.

Update many thanks for suggestions. New USB used and it worked a treat downloaded in to car took 20minutes. ALL SORTED
Many thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Format the USB again, then redownload the update? You need a USB drive larger than 32GB too, I use a 64GB. I found if I allowed the download software to delete the old files from the USB drive, the updates failed in the car. The error you're getting would appear to be the unit thinking the drive has multimedia files on it rather than a satnav map?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I always delete the old files on the USB before I download the new ones from the Jag website; never had a problem just takes a few hours! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Format the USB again, then redownload the update? You need a USB drive larger than 32GB too, I use a 64GB. I found if I allowed the download software to delete the old files from the USB drive, the updates failed in the car. The error you're getting would appear to be the unit thinking the drive has multimedia files on it rather than a satnav map?
Many thanks for the info buddy will do just waiting for the larger USB to arrive. take care

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always delete the old files on the USB before I download the new ones from the Jag website; never had a problem just takes a few hours! :cool:
Many thanks for the suggestions. the original USB was only 32GB and Jaguar could have helped by stating you actually need at least 64GBB. Take care.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The last update I did was just over 33GB. I believe the download application is a bit poor as it may allow a smaller USB drive to be used but will be missing files thus the update in the car fails.

Reactions: Spider
1 - 6 of 6 Posts