Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sat Nav froze completely on or about the 3rd time I drove my !st Edition 3 Litre Diesel . The radio cut off and the screen just froze . Also the speed recognition showed incorrect speeds for example 70 mph in a built up area !! Also the compass will appear on the screen and cannot be removed . The dealer is still waiting for Jaguar to give the go ahead for a system update . Any one else have these problems ??

·
Banned
444 Posts
It is not down to the Sat Nav, it is what Jaguar refer to as the entire Infotainment system. I had mine updated (campaign # K385) by my dealer and it was fine for about a month apart from the front parking sensor switch not functioning correctly and having to engage reverse gear to ensure the front sensors were active.

Yesterday my screen froze, see picture. After switching off the ignition and locking the car and waiting 10 minutes, all OK for now!

Clearly the software or firmware update that Jaguar currently are using to "update" the system is flawed.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same as mine...

Does the incontrol update itself via the air or do we have to go to the dealer for a new firmware?

NAV database and software DOES update itself in background. Just check it in navigation settings...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has spent several days at the dealers .I have only done 350 miles and they seem to have had it for longer than me !! They say the are waiting for Jaguar to provide them with software updates . I have said I cannot believe that my vehicle os the only one with such problems and this Forum goes to show that that point is correct . W.hen your sat nav is working does the compass appear alongside the map as mine does albeit not when a route guidance is operative

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ive got similar infotainment problems, the SAT NAV looses the plot completely we were visiting Norfolk the other weekend and the SAT NAV showed us to be in the middle of the English channel when we were in Norwich. I also have the reversing camera problem occasionally, this is usually followed with the Merridian continuing to play what ever source is on when the car is stopped and engine switched of and then the door locked, lasts about 10 mins.

·
Registered
539 Posts
When you approach a speed camera normally there are two beeps from the entertainment system, and your music reduces in volume. I have had it where the system only beeps once, but the music is still reduced in volume. You cannot then adjust the music volume as turning the dial is just adjusting the speed camera beep (the volume bar is green instead of the standard orange).

After about a mile or so of driving it obviously timed-out and the volume returned.

Another little bug.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I hope you guys are reporting all your little bugs to your dealers, and not just on here. While Lucy is kind enough to answer questions on here, Jag doesn't use this forum for official issue tracking / reporting. They have a formal process in place to do that through their dealers/service centres. If we don't report all of these small ICTP bugs, they won't have visibility into them and be able to fix them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
I hope you guys are reporting all your little bugs to your dealers, and not just on here. While Lucy is kind enough to answer questions on here, Jag doesn't use this forum for official issue tracking / reporting. They have a formal process in place to do that through their dealers/service centres. If we don't report all of these small ICTP bugs, they won't have visibility into them and be able to fix them.
My car is in on wed and they have a list of the problems, but if it doesnt do it while its in not sure how they going to remedy it

·
Registered
208 Posts
I suspect that being a software issue, there is a diagnostic log file that they can download and see what has happened when, historically. Perhaps I am expecting too much , being in software design, but that is pretty much standard operating procedure for a piece of a equipment out in the field where you can't always observe directly what goes wrong.

·
Registered
458 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
I suspect that being a software issue, there is a diagnostic log file that they can download and see what has happened when, historically. Perhaps I am expecting too much , being in software design, but that is pretty much standard operating procedure for a piece of a equipment out in the field where you can't always observe directly what goes wrong.
I suspect that the downloading of the log file is an essentially manual process consisting of a number of iterations of the service guy asking you what problems you have had and writing it down on a post it note (which gets stuck to the corner of his monitor)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to let you all know that after telling my dealer about this forum and the information contained they have at long last got the go ahead from Jaguar to fix the update which will take place hopefully tomorrow Wednesday 29th June .!! Hurray !!

·
Registered
441 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
It seems that the relationship between Jaguar and their dealers service department is at an all time low at the present.Problems which should have been sorted months ago are still on going and the technical back up from Jaguars inexperienced kids who cannot or will not respond is appaling according to my dealer. I am very concerned as i am about to take delivery of an F pace and have read about the problems with creaking springs,blacking out info screens,misaligned bonnets etc.etc. I hope that I am not making a big mistake by giving up my year old XF Sportbrake for the F Pace when I read of FE's which were supposed to be flagship vehicles already being rejected by angry owners. Ralph Speth needs to get a grip on Jaguar and particularly CRC as our American friends will not put up with faults on new F Pace's which are not being addressed and solved urgently.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
For anyone who feels like they may be getting nowhere following the usual CS channels, perhaps it's time to think about escalating your complaints to the higher powers and copying your complaints to all the directors of JLR.

Quite a useful website: http://www.ceoemail.com, just search for 'jaguar land rover' on there. Dr Ralf Speth and Jeremy Hicks' emails are listed. It also shouldn't be too hard to do a little digging to find the details of every one of the directors' names and emails on the JLR board.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wrote to Jeremy when I had issues with my XE, he called me personally, gave me his mobile number and I had a member of the JLR InControl team come round to my house for a few hours to listen to all the issues with the InControl system and the car in general. Fast forward a few months and I wasn't happy with the resolution and I had JLR and the dealer buy my car back off me for £420 less than I paid (had the car 7,000 miles and 8 months) and I have a JLR XE courtesy car until my F-Pace arrives... my advice is be constructive and don't rant. If you are on the XE forum look at OPEN LETTER TO JLR which has my original letter and story in there...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the UK , but have just bought my American fiance an F-Pace in US, which we use while I'm there. Interestingly we have also had the Satnav freezing issue - happened 4 times in three weeks. Car is at dealer and they tried update and completely blanked the screen so same issues with USA F-Paces. We also have the squeaky rear suspension - rear bush being replaced next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts