Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,
I would like to say, before Russell pipes up, that I am not a complainer, far from it in fact.

My original arrival thread is here... http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1629

My FP was delivered on 14th October, and as anyone who has read my posts will know, that I am totally in love with the car, the way it drives, handles, looks, and the crowning glory the ITCP for the many many hours I spend in my car week to week. I specced it exactly how I wanted it, IRR, with the red/black leather, and when it arrived, I knew I had made the right choice and everyone who saw it loved it. I managed nearly 2,000 miles in its first five weeks, and every one of them was a pleasure.

No panel gap issues, ITCP worked perfectly ( although I never used the CD player once) and the dealer was, although not generous, excellent in their professional handover.

Then within days, I noticed that I had a front end grumble, like an old wheel bearing breaking down, if anyone remembers those, a rhythmic metal on metal graunching noise, only heard with the stereo off, and every time I reversed into my drive when the camera and beepers were on sadly.

So, I booked the car into my dealership, they had it for a day and diagnosed a "bracket" needed changing... so parts ordered and on Monday 21st November, my car went in for this change of "bracket", as well as a relatively small list of grumbles, as follows -

Grumbling front end
Hesitation from standstill to 2k rpm
Drivers seat leather heavily creased at the front
ITCP had a few issues, sometimes no reverse camera, sometimes no phone connection, but small stuff in comparison to others, so patch 2.5 time.
Water jets to front windscreen not coming over the wipers.

Fast forward 2 working weeks, I have been in their demonstrator S, having completed another 1,000 miles ( how they laughed :lol: not!), now this car has a few issues too, creaky rear suspension, tyre pressures warning all the time, washer jet issues etc, and they have now confirmed on Wednesday of this week, that they CANNOT fix my grumbling front end, including changing the diff casing and front driveshafts apparently in their pursuit of a solution.

What are my options I hear you say? Full rejection, to either have my money back, or straight replacement of my FP is the answer.

What have I done? I have ordered a new FP in exactly the same spec for delivery in late Jan/early Feb

Why? Personally this is simpler than it sounds, but really what is the option? Macan, drives and handles fantastically, but those looks?? Lexus, just not my cuppa, we take about plastic coverings in the FP, Lexus is bland, bland, bland. RRS, too expensive for my spec list, Q7/GL neither I think look nice, and the Audi interior makes even the Lexus look fantastic if this is possible, X5 my only other real option, and I have just come out of 6 years of fantastic 5 series running, and fancied a change.

My dealer has been incredibly supportive, agrees it is unacceptable and has agreed my rejection with JLR without any issue. I have said that if the 2nd one is the same as the first, then I will be away form JLR immediately, and they are happy that I am giving them another chance, and interestingly, in the 2 months since mine arrived, they have now had issues with many FP's although the bulk sorted by the creaky suspension fix, and the patch 2.5 which has been very successful I am told

Agree or disagree with me, I wanted you all to know my story for reference, I am not going anywhere yet, the FP is the only party in town from what is a more limited pool of cars that you would imagine. They are giving me mine back to use until the swap over, which I am happy with knowing the noise is no longer my issue, and as long as it is road worthy, which they say it is.

The first 3,000 miles have been really really pleasant, despite the problems, and I have not been let down by either car ( as you would expect for £60k!!) and have confirmed several things for me that I hope may help others -

The car is an awesome drive, fast or slow, but boy does the 3.0d shift when you are in the mood to press on.
The ITCP really does makes the interior and if you travel, the nav is significantly better than the standard issue (Demo has standard)
I am still not buying memory for the 14 way seats as the demo has them and never used them in two weeks, nor did the mirrors dip either, so I have learned to live without them. ( I initially thought I had made a mistake not ordering them)
I may add a heated steering wheel, and possibly a space saver
I have not had a single negative comment on the car from anyone
My dealer, although relatively unknown to me prior to this, has turned out to be excellent.
My dealer has just spent £14 million on a new HUGE site over the road, so they are not short of a little cash, happy to go on that journey with them.

I hope this helpful to everyone
Piers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would go with LED headlights the demonstrator I had,had them personally I think they look smarter and are certainly brighter it also would stick main beam on automatically which i thought was a really useful addition dont know what that optional extra was though

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rsportwhite said:
Would go with LED headlights the demonstrator I had,had them personally I think they look smarter and are certainly brighter it also would stick main beam on automatically which i thought was a really useful addition dont know what that optional extra was though
Hmm, now I am going to controversial here...i thought the same until I tried them. The demo I have had for two weeks, with a fair bit of night driving, has confirmed to me they are not worth the money. The auto high beam is great, but does leave it a second or two too long for my liking, and I just do not agree that they are any brighter, if anything...no I will leave it there...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great write up Piers.

Fingers crossed your F-Pace S.2 will be trouble free.

Glad you have a good dealer which one? I think its good to name and praise as its often so much easier to name and shame. For the record Harwoods Brighton have been great for me.

Looking at our pics on the recent CW photo thread would you debadge the S on the front grille? I'm going to get rid of mine next time it goes in.

All the best

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike,
Thanks. My dealer is not far from you, Harwoods Crawley.
Piers

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey Piers. Thanks for the comprehensive write up. Interesting to note your dealer is part of the same group as mine and you've had the same excellent after care.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I too have to unable to connect the phone problem so hope this is cured by patch 2.5 this Tuesday.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experiences, both good and bad.

I think for what it is worth, you are doing the right thing.

My F Pace is in, and I will have it for next week and I have everything crossed that I do not suffer any of the problems like quite a few have had.

If I do, I'll suck it up, and expect it to be fixed or replaced.

I have a similar outlook to you.

From driving 2 brand new RRS over the last 6 years, it's time for a change and all the other models you mentioned hold little appeal when I compare to the F Pace.

Good luck with your new model.

On another note, are your dealers allowing you to keep the demo F Pace whilst yours is away?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Big Pimp, I have had their demo for 2 weeks, however they need it back, they have 30 test drives booked apparently! I understand that, and I will either get mine back or an XJ/XF until mine comes back, then I will have mine until my new one arrives. I have no interest in becoming the ***** in this, as they are doing all they can as a middle man franchise to JLR
Piers

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
blackjagmike said:
Great write up Piers.

Fingers crossed your F-Pace S.2 will be trouble free.

Glad you have a good dealer which one? I think its good to name and praise as its often so much easier to name and shame. For the record Harwoods Brighton have been great for me.

Looking at our pics on the recent CW photo thread would you debadge the S on the front grille? I'm going to get rid of mine next time it goes in.

All the best
I have to second the Harwoods Brighton, once i sorted out the update issues with them fingers crossed all good.

Mark and Jamie at Brighton Harwoods have been very understanding and respect to them both.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An update for anyone that is interested in this situation with my car...

FP went in on Monday 21st November, and I still do not have it back .Jaguar have asked to keep it to solve the grumbling front end noise as apparently mine is amongst others with the same problem and they have yet find a solution, driveshafts changed, diff casing changed etc, so mine is the guinea pig for future repairs.

They have narrowed it to the sump now, and have ordered in 3..all of which are incorrect despite using JLR part numbers, an investigation after the second one was sent incorrectly directly with JLR, and yet a third arrived today incorrect again.

So, 1900 miles in my FP, 1800 in their demo FP, and now a further 400 miles or so in the XJ RSport (will post a pic in a minute) that I currently have and will do until after Christmas

My new FP comes late jan/early Feb, so I am very chilled about it now, nothing I can do, and the dealer has been brilliant, now we have got the communication right.

I hope this info helps others on here ;)

My fault list and updates for you -
Grumbling front end - ongoing
Hesitation from standstill to 2k rpm - all sorted 3 software resets each each of the 8 gears apparently
Drivers seat leather heavily creased at the front - new drivers seat leather fitted
ITCP had a few issues, sometimes no reverse camera, sometimes no phone connection, but small stuff in comparison to others, so patch 2.5 time.- patch installed and apparently perfect, although it has not left the building yet
Water jets to front windscreen not coming over the wipers.- this has gone quiet

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ lovely looking XJ!

Thanks for the update .. interestingly my car is now doing the hesitation up to 2,000rpm ... it used to be occasionally but now it's permanent and really irritating .. good to know there's a fix .. hopefully it won't happen in the new car anyway.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Never knew you could order an XJ in casium blue....wow that looks stunning...just the F type left to see in this paint then!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rather annoyingly, people like the look of the XJ more than my FP !!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
If my wife gets her promotion.... I would offer to chuffuer her around in one of them!!!..... dare I say it :eek: :eek: ..... oh come Jags cat really :? ....you.... :roll: gob shy :lol: :lol: Ok you could almost..... easy, EASY!!! , almost ...stick a trident badge on it and call it a Maserati in a that colour don't you think?
Puts on flack jacket.... and wait for the incoming ordinances!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My dealer asked me if I was happy to stay in my FP until the replacement arrives. Beginning to think I should have said "no, hook me up with an F Type SVR please". ;-)

·
Registered
142 Posts
F-Pace S said:
rsportwhite said:
Hmm, now I am going to controversial here...i thought the same until I tried them. The demo I have had for two weeks, with a fair bit of night driving, has confirmed to me they are not worth the money. The auto high beam is great, but does leave it a second or two too long for my liking, and I just do not agree that they are any brighter, if anything...no I will leave it there...
I spec'd them to future proof the car and because I think they look better, expensive option for that I agree. The auto high beam assist is pretty damn good compared to my previous, and although not quite as quick as me, I have never been flashed once by another car in 3.5 months of driving. Also I believe from this forum that you don't get the 'J' blade LED indicators and maybe even cornering/turning lights but not sure.
Even a couple of 3 year old Seat's that I am now about to replace for staff have LED's as standard on the not particularly most expensive models I chose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.