Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan,

There are rumours of the 3:0L Petrol Super Charged delays in manufacturing to Sept/Oct. Can you confirm please?

I currently have a build date of 29th April and delivery May 27th. If there is a delay I will have to postpone selling my current car so this is pretty important as I already have a private buyer for mid May.

Thanks in advance
Darren

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes not alone. Plenty of differing versions and I've got no date at all right now.
Be good to know if there are problems / delays to the petrol as we do need to plan cash, PX etc and it's hard if you don't have any sort of idea.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Agreed my dealer promised yesterday to let me know today after contacting the factory, I guess it hasnt moved from August 12th (in first 4 car allocation for the dealer) and he doesn't want to ring me with the bad news......

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
Agreed my dealer promised yesterday to let me know today after contacting the factory, I guess it hasnt moved from August 12th (in first 4 car allocation for the dealer) and he doesn't want to ring me with the bad news......
Well lets hope it hasn't actually moved back to September / October :)

Would be good to get some clarification as DAL has said need to plan for Part X, cash in place etc. If its June I need to crack on and plan if not
Chase him up see if he has anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would be interested in knowing if there is a delay to the petrol as well. We ordered last September and whilst I don't blame the dealer or Jaguar for not having firm dates so far, if there is a big delay in a particular model (especially the one I ordered) I'll be a bit hacked off.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Waynem said:
Not a single petrol at the dealers. Yet ;) :eek: :shock:
Yes potentially another indicator but it also will be their smallest seller so maybe not surprising.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hopefully people with FE models will be able to provide some actual achieved MPG figures shortly....if they average mid to late 20s I may be tempted to swap from diesel to petrol....you can't rely on published figures.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully Ryan can address this. My dealer confirmed today that my build date is still 29th April which is encouraging...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
In the other forum another dealer has told somebody the petrols are September onwards today
Starting to look that way which is a bit of a bugger.

·
Registered
247 Posts
From my dealer today:

"All 3.0Ltr diesels and petrols will be moving to July build slots"
:(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jacksoag said:
From my dealer today:

If this is true then not the best news to receive! Company car goes back in 2-weeks time and whilst was happy to manage for a month without a car (well TBH would be Mrs S managing ..... as I would borrow her SLK), It's going to be hard to manage for 3 months. Although have to still say that the car is definitely something worth waiting for!

Have my test drive booked for next Friday, so see what info I get from my dealer. Hopefully just another piece of miscommunication!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jacksoag said:
From my dealer today:

And this is what I've been saying and trying to get some clear answer from somebody but seems there isn't one,
From the straw poll of customers here we have been told the petrols will be coming in May, June, July, August, September and October. A few said September will be first deliveries of petrol then another here saying diesel and petrol 3.0 will be July ??

So many differing comments from dealers. How,the hell cant they have one email / communication saying guys - petrols have delays it's July / August or some other rough date.
How can every dealer seem to have a different answer. I am getting utterly frustrated that I firstly can't get my own answer , though I can handle that , but to see almost every other customer get a different response is crazy,

As customers we will more than likely get different dates assigned to us due to the position of the dealers order and how early we ordered but this is about information and facts rather than the hotch pot of rumours and differing views of every dealer.

Is there anything that Jaguar themselves can tell us as fact if there are any problems or delays so we can manage our own expectations and plan for the time scale - the dealers don't really seem to have the coherent message to give us any certainty.

·
Registered
922 Posts
My views on jags customer service are well known on this forum, the levels of frustrations were recently going down...(a bit) due to confirmed dates dripping through, and news of showroom models and demos coming into dealers.... Still no official FE date mind.... Which just seems like sheer bloody incompetence to me at this late stage!!,and now this. Someone needs to explain this unacceptable situation.. I am sure if most of the customers here gave a similar level of service in thier employ... Questions would be asked and more likely than not arses would get kicked!! I know mine would be and quite rightly too. I fear the people that need to be aware of the views expressed here, are not being kept informed ..maybe the information is not being passed down the monkey tree also? Strange that we seem only to get the easy answers.... Some of the time? I have never seen an apology / explanation from a senior Jaguar representative... And sadly it looks like we never will!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

I am aware that a number of you have raised queries regarding possible delays regarding 3.0 engine models so I have therefore taken the opportunity of enquiring with Order Control to gain some clarification on this.

I have been advised that some orders, mainly 3.0 engines, are currently slotting later than expected in build or are not obtaining build dates, due to supplier constraints. These constraints are still being investigated by Manufacturing and this is the most up to date information that I am able to provide at this time.

May we apologise for the confusion or inconvenience that this may cause.

Should anybody wish to enquire regarding their specific vehicle order, I would suggest speaking to the Sales Manager of your vending retailer who should be able to advise accordingly.

Should additional support be required following this, please feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to look into this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for response and I think that gives us a clearer picture in terms of some vehicles will get built but there are supply issues and others may be later now even if they are the "first allocated" by the dealers 2/3 weeks ago.
Hope they sort the supply chain issue out and it explains why I haven't got a date even though one of first handful ordered in my dealer.

It also explains why one dealer "guesses" at October and others say different dates.

Thanks of update - really helps us understand just what is going on and the fact there is indeed a bit of an issue for a number of us.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The USA will be taking the bulk of any 3.0 petrol Jaguar which are produced and I suspect Jaguar can't ramp up production quick enough.

The 3.0D is supplied by Ford and then modified a little, I suspect Jaguar been caught out by demand and Ford cannot or will not ramp production level.

Bad news for anyone waiting for a car, good news for those who do get cars, with supply issues residuals will be rock solid on 3.0ltr F-Paces

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.