Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan,
As you know the Fe comes with the loadspace rails as standard.

I quote the following from the configurator, can you confirm we get the accessory kit as standard? We should do!

On the Optional Features tab scroll down to Touring Accessories where you will find Luggage Compartment Retention Kit for £172. Click on the i

It reads

Pack of attachments that fix into the Loadspace Rails via a quick lock / quick release system to provide a flexible stowage for retaining luggage and other items in the Loadspace. The attachment pack includes a retractable strap with inertia reel, telescopic rod and stowage bag.

**** Please note all vehicles specified with Loadspace rails via line fit are supplied with the retention kit.

The accessory forecast should be based on customers ordering both the Loadspace Rails and the retention kit as retailer fit accessories.

Part number: C2Z23517

Prices shown include VAT and Retailer fitting costs. Prices are subject to change, please consult your local Jaguar Retailer f

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Habxxx

Thank you for your post.

I note your query and have taken the opportunity of enquiring within the business regarding this.

I have been made aware that the Loadspace Storage Rails are supplied as standard with First Edition models, however the Luggage Compartment Retention Kit is not available free of charge and this is an error with the description on the configurator. The Luggage Compartment Retention Kit is a retailer fit accessory and as such, is chargeable.

This error has now been highlighted within the business and the configurator will be amended shortly.

May we apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I have now asked about 2 items in either the brochure or on the configurator that were advertised as on the First Edition but are now not included.

I am sure you can understand my frustration that both the memory seats and the accessory kit have been removed from the spec. They were part of the spec when I ordered the car. Has the price gone down to reflect the reduced spec.?

Can you confirm that Adaptive Surface Response AdSR is on the First Edition? This is listed as part of the Adaptive Dynamics Pack and clearly states that this is standard on the First Edition. The way things are being removed from the specification I wonder if this is indeed included.

Does it come with wheels?????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmm I just composed a long (probably boring) diatribe which I'm not going to do again on the lines of above. Pressed submit but nothing. In no way did I swear or unduly criticise Jaguar, just said I thought they should honour their commitments in the configurator.

If I breached forum rules I apologise, but I said nothing that wasn't fact.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Habxxx

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments regarding Adaptive Surface Response AdSR and have enquired within the business once again regarding this. I can advise that First Edition features Adaptive Dynamics as standard but AdSR is a £150 cost option. I regret to advise that this is an error in the online brochure, not a removal of this item and we have requested that this be updated at the earliest opportunity.

I fully appreciate the disappointment and confusion that this may have caused and may I take this opportunity on behalf of Jaguar to apologise for this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ryan,

I know you are only the messenger but this is simply ridiculous!

How can 3 different errors occur on the spec of the First Edition any why are they all removals of options.?

The online brochure stated that the adaptive dynamics pack was standard on the FE - It stated all features are standard on First Edition!

Why o why would we not want adaptive surface response on a £65k car that already has the adaptive dynamics?

It is tantamount to fraud stating that you will get these features and then removing them like this.

I need a serious talk with my dealer and may well cancel my purchase.

I hope you can relay my disgust to your superiors .

Over to you Merlin and any other disgruntled FE buyers!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ryan,

Can you make this a formal request that all FE owners receive a discount to the value of the options removed from us at the point of ordering/sale.

We ordered in good faith expecting the car to arrive with the equipment stated. It really doesn't matter if it was an error or not we have taken what the dealer and brochure stated in good faith.

1. Retention Pack missing £172
2. Memory seats missing £450
3. ADSR missing. £150

This comes to a value of £772 of equipment we expected and have not received, Jaguar should do the right thing here and offer a discount of £772 off the list price or at the very least include a free service pack.

Unfortunately a 'mistake' doesn't cover it. Can you please supply a name and address for a manager in customer services so I can express my dissatisfaction, where will it stop - supply issues on 3.0ltr engines will you fit 2.0ltr instead and say it was a printing mistake.

Regards
Paul Chiles

·
Registered
302 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Ryan,

Can you make this a formal request that all FE owners receive a discount to the value of the options removed from us at the point of ordering/sale.

We ordered in good faith expecting the car to arrive with the equipment stated. It really doesn't matter if it was an error or not we have taken what the dealer and brochure stated in good faith.

1. Retention Pack missing £172
2. Memory seats missing £450
3. ADSR missing. £150

This comes to a value of £772 of equipment we expected and have not received, Jaguar should do the right thing here and offer a discount of £772 off the list price or at the very least include a free service pack.

Unfortunately a 'mistake' doesn't cover it. Can you please supply a name and address for a manager in customer services so I can express my dissatisfaction, where will it stop - supply issues on 3.0ltr engines will you fit 2.0ltr instead and say it was a printing mistake.

Regards
Paul Chiles
To all FE owners (current and potential)...

Whilst I am no commercial lawyer, I am certain that this is a clear-cut case of misrepresentation. See:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967

Whilst I couldn't stretch to the cost of the FE, if I had then I would be well hacked off with Jaguar on what was in the original configuration description (e.g. what you all based your order on as no-one could actually see one in the flesh) versus what is now coming out of the factory. Paul covers it well in the fact that in Jaguar's response (via Ryan - who TBH is only passing on a message from a faceless senior!) you could end up with a manual, 2.0 ltr, cloth seats, in bright pink - and they just say it was a mistake!

Probably a point in time where the collective power of the forum from all FE owners would work better than individual challenges!

Andy

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one Paul,

I spoke to my dealer today who are just selling what they are given by Jaguar.

They suggest writing to Jaguar directly or maybe calling their customer care dept..

Hopefully if we can get a name at Jaguar we can get some form of compensation, after all they haven't dropped the price to reflect the changes, have they?

Sdixons car looks great on his thread but these omissions leave a bad taste in the mouth at a time when we should all be excited for our new toys.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I agree that you would collectively stand a better chance.... Especially as this was supposed to be the flagship launch of the first .... Well let's not go there again on numbers, as I guess that was a printing error too !! The point being that , not only did you not get the kit you had thought, it also appears that not all of the FE owners got their cars at the same time either. New product or not they got the cars to America to show and tell... and another couple of hundred journalists in a fancy hotel and all the cars to Montenegro, yet couldn't give a date for the FE handover. This is an absolute disgrace and bloody shambles from whoever was supposedly in charge of this fiasco. I personally would contact the likes of Auto express as I think Autocar may side with Jag after the fancy article they featured. If they knew that it was going public they really wouldn't want that making the headlines at this critical moment!! I am not trying to cause a storm here, I just expect the customer to be treated with respect and put right this unfairness. May I suggest that you give them a respond by date ... To help them focus thier attention!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just seen how this thread is escalating.

I will be speaking to my company's legal bods later today to see where, if anywhere we stand. I am also going to postpone my pick up and pay Porsche a visit.

Really lost faith in Jaguar over this debacle.

We've all waited so long for this car and are being treated like fools.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got off the phone from Jaguar Customer Relations - what a complete waste of time!

Speak to the retailer she says! Can anyone guess what the retailer say? You guessed it, speak to Jag!

She did suggest putting something in writing to [email protected].

Can we combine our efforts?

Maybe Ryan will provide an answer to Paul's question.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I certainly think a team effort is the way forward.

My solicitor asked if the items were deal breakers to which I replied that whilst not essential it is the principal of paying for something which we are no longer it would seem, getting.

From the start we have been told the FE was a fixed specification which we could not change, but that does not appear to apply to Jaguar.

She also said they will probably say take or leave it, and whilst there could possibly be a case of misrepresentation it would be up to individuals if they wanted the expense of pursuing it.

I am speaking to my dealer later and will see what he thinks about it. His answer may influence my decision re continuing with my purchase.

Bearing in mind they could sell these cars twice over, I doubt they will be unduly worried.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm no lawyer but I imagine in order for you to make a claim against Jaguar (good customer service aside) you will need to demonstrate that you have suffered a loss…if Jaguar's disclosure of removed items came after you had handed over your money (in full, not just a returnable deposit), surely they haven't got a leg to stand on and a claim through the small claims court is a relatively straightforward process…if however you proceed with the purchase in the full knowledge that the items have been removed I imagine it would be difficult to prove a loss. As I say I'm no expert.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

I can certainly appreciate the disappointment that has been caused by
the errors within our literature and may I take this opportunity to
once again apologise on behalf of Jaguar for any confusion that may
have been caused.

Regarding the items in question, these are simply errors within our
literature and have never been included within the specification of
the F-PACE First Edition. As such, the OTR price of the vehicle is
reflective of what is actually included within the specification and
it is not the case that we have included items within the
specification and then removed these from the specification. As
advised, these are errors within our literature.

As detailed in our terms and conditions: Jaguar Land Rover Limited is
constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and
production of its vehicles and alterations take place continually.
While every effort is made to produce up-to-date literature, this
brochure should not be regarded as an infallible guide to current
specifications, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any
particular vehicle.

May I apologise once again for any confusion that this may have been
caused, please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to the
relevant area of the business.

Should anyone have any specific concerns regarding their vehicle
order, please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to look into
this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is Jaguar's way of washing their hands of the matter.

An error in a printed brochure is one thing but errors on a website configurator that has been live for 8 months is another matter entirely.

Even now it says

Adaptive Dynamics Pack (AWD only. ALL features in this pack are standard on First Edition) - code Z07A - Consists of Adaptive Dynamics and Adaptive Surface Response.

How can this not be construed as false advertising?

It appears they know we want the cars having waited so long and simply don't care about putting things right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ryan,

These are not improvements if they were we would not be complaining. I believe Jaguar are missing the point here totally. You may say they were never included in the OTR price but we 'the customer' believed that it was. All of the sources available to us (brochure, online configuration and dealers) told us so.

As requested can you please make your customer service manager name and address available publicly so any FE owner who are concerned can contact them directly.

This really isn't good enough. I'm very much of the mind to cancel my order now, with this being a new model I fully expect issues with it and if this is how Jaguar is going to treat customers I want no part of it.

Regards
Paul.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I woke with a feeling of dread this morning.

Has anyone confirmed that the FE comes with the activity bracelet? This was spoken about on another thread and Waynem (I believe) thought it was part of the package on the FE. As shown though, we all thought a lot of things were.

As I understand it, if it isn't included then it is now too late to order as it cannot be dealer fitted.

·
Registered
208 Posts
merlinmax said:
I woke with a feeling of dread this morning.

Has anyone confirmed that the FE comes with the activity bracelet? This was spoken about on another thread and Waynem (I believe) thought it was part of the package on the FE. As shown though, we all thought a lot of things were.

As I understand it, if it isn't included then it is now too late to order as it cannot be dealer fitted.
Good backup news at least - JLR released a dealer fit "prewire" kit for activity bracelet! this means dealers can do all the internal antenna installs need to support it too, so the who thing can be added at the dealership finally!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts