Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly hi all and thanks for all the helpful posts etc. Been reading this forum from the start and more of a reader than a talker myself :) great site and great community.

So on to my question, has anybody gone for the RWD Manual? Anyone drivin a Manual Jag?

I had originally ordered in Sept last year, a 2.0 R-Sport AWD Auto. It would have been my first auto but think it would add to the luxury and overall driving experience. Since then a new job means less miles and I don't really want to spend so much a month or a car I rarely use. So we backtracked to a fully loaded A6 for a saving of over £100 a month (I say we, the wife mainly) So just to get a F-Pace to compare financially I would have opt for the RWD Manual. Should I? :)

Thanks for your thoughts in advance :)

P.s. Options are ICTP and Pan roof and I wouldn't want one without these :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
RussJagB said:
Firstly hi all and thanks for all the helpful posts etc. Been reading this forum from the start and more of a reader than a talker myself :) great site and great community.

So on to my question, has anybody gone for the RWD Manual? Anyone drivin a Manual Jag?

I had originally ordered in Sept last year, a 2.0 R-Sport AWD Auto. It would have been my first auto but think it would add to the luxury and overall driving experience. Since then a new job means less miles and I don't really want to spend so much a month or a car I rarely use. So we backtracked to a fully loaded A6 for a saving of over £100 a month (I say we, the wife mainly) So just to get a F-Pace to compare financially I would have opt for the RWD Manual. Should I? :)

Thanks for your thoughts in advance :)

P.s. Options are ICTP and Pan roof and I wouldn't want one without these :)
Hi i have driven a manual RWD XF a couple of years ago, SD4 powered i think 160PS engine and it drove great nice handling and very nice place to sit, its 1 of the reasons im changing from Landrover to Jaguar, but have to say after having 4WD vehicles for nearly 25 years im going for trhe AWD variant.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi, I can only speak for the RWD auto on our XF R -sport sportbrake it was the 200 Hp version of the 2.2. It went and handled great for a long car as it had air suspension on the rear, but very relaxing too if you were just cruising. I am going for RWD manual on my Fpace as I don't need the mud and ruts stuff just the 500 mm wading depth where we live in Somerset, and I only work about 6 miles from home so don't need the auto for the motorway crawling either unlike Mrs jags cat who Commutes to London every week. Last week we had a car ,2 bicycles, and a sheep down our lane... It was grid lock for about 3 minutes :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your input :)

The RWD thing isn't an issue for me either, as I prefer a RWD car for general road handling/feel.

I like you Jags Cat don't have far to travel to work, maybe 15 miles so certainly don't need an Auto, in my head it just feels like part of the luxurious/relaxed feeling of a Jag may be lost in a manual...

The A6 would be a similar price to the Manual F-Pace with every bit of tech possible pretty much..... But it's just not an F-Pace :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I part Exd an A6 s line avant Le Mans for my current RR evo. That was a tiptronic auto ,White with a black pack. To be fair that was a fantastic car and quite economic as a 2 ltr but it ate tyres.. That was its only fault . Having now been used to a higher driving position I think I would find it hard to go back but as I said before living in country is great but we have to be able to deal with water here and I know the bill for hydro locking an engine is not cheap,a number of people have written off cars in our village thinking that the water wasn't that deep! So here's to us old school left footers.. (Clutchers) :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have gone for a RWD manual. Cost was a big factor. Manuals and autos obviously, both have their place and as the wife has an auto only license, she will not be able to drive my F-Pace (Damn)!
Yet, if we are going into town it is her auto that we take for the obvious city crawling advantages.
I guess a XE 2.0d manual would give an excellent indication of how our manual F-Paces are going to drive has they have identical engines, drivetrains and even floors. If you have an understanding dealer they might let you test drive one of those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts