Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an S thinking the standard lights would be as good as or better than those on my previous A6. So far I've found them to be dim and pointed so low down as to be near dangerous on dark roads and motorways where there aren't any visual clues as to where the road goes next.

When my wife went from a C-class to an Evoque (again opting for standard lights) we were amazed how poor the lights were in comparison but managed to find a replacement Xenon bulb kit online with a ballast unit that gives off fantastic light for £75. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue and although Jaguar have the car in to check the lights, I'm worried this is simply a JLR thing where they make a brilliant car and give you glow worms to see by at night.

Has anyone else found this to be the case and am I doomed to have rubbish lights or is there a simple bulb-swap option like I described above?

Ta.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Tinbenson said:
I bought an S thinking the standard lights would be as good as or better than those on my previous A6. So far I've found them to be dim and pointed so low down as to be near dangerous on dark roads and motorways where there aren't any visual clues as to where the road goes next.

When my wife went from a C-class to an Evoque (again opting for standard lights) we were amazed how poor the lights were in comparison but managed to find a replacement Xenon bulb kit online with a ballast unit that gives off fantastic light for £75. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue and although Jaguar have the car in to check the lights, I'm worried this is simply a JLR thing where they make a brilliant car and give you glow worms to see by at night.

Has anyone else found this to be the case and am I doomed to have rubbish lights or is there a simple bulb-swap option like I described above?

Ta.
Sorry to read about your issues, there are many on here that have the same light setup and have not mentioned an issue, there are plenty of threads asking if people have issues so you would assume someone would have said so fingers crossed the dealer finds and resolves the issue for you.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Agreed. They aren't great.

I went with the standard bi xenons in the S thinking they would be as good as the bi xenons I had on my Evoque but they aren't. Also I didn't realise I would lose the side turn function that I had on the Evoque. They are my only spec regret. Should have stretched that budget even further!

I think Jag have made a mistake here. LEDs are rapidly becoming a standard fit. The new Q5 will be LED as standard with their new matrix technology as an upgrade.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Had a quick play around with the adjustment to tilt the headlamps? Maybe they are expecting a bit more of a load and some dial twisting is needed to raise them up a bit?

·
Registered
458 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Had a quick play around with the adjustment to tilt the headlamps? Maybe they are expecting a bit more of a load and some dial twisting is needed to raise them up a bit?
Isn't it a legal requirement that xenons / bixenons are auto adjusting?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Actually yes, but if they are incorrectly set in the first place then they will adjust badly as well? I have the upgraded ones and they are bloody brilliant, and I only added them as the dealer did me a deal on the overall cost so they were in essence FOC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts