Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Roof sun blind fault

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Lee fpace svr 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have an issue with the one touch opening and closing of the pan roof blind. Initially I thought it was strange that you had to keep your finger on the button and this was the only way it would work. I then read in the manual that it had one touch opening and closing. I brought it to Jaguar and they fixed it in around 15 mins, said it had to do with setting it. Today I tried to close it and the function was not working again. Does anyone else have this problem? Ps. I have read all the issues/faults everyone's been having with their cars but this is the only fault I've had with mine.

#2 ·
I am pretty sure one touch close/open only works while engine is running on mine. As soon as the stop button is pressed, you have to hold the switch. No idea why, seems a bid odd behavior to me.

#6 ·
Is there a setting to make the sun blind automatically close when you park the car and open when you start the car?
I noticed this is how the blind worked in my loan car (an Evoque) and wonder if the F-Pace can do the same?

#11 ·
M

My pano roof blind works fine.
If you use the global open/close function set in the vehicle settings, when you press and hold the lock or unlock button on the remote, not only will the windows open/close, but so will the roof blind.
HTH, Tim

#8 ·
And?

#9 ·
Never tried mine it stayed closed, dealer stock car with pano fitted, much prefer a solid roof.

#10 ·
Likewise. I'm a bit photosensitive and sunlight or street lights flashing through a glass roof can set off a migraine. When hunting for my (used) F-Pace I specifically wanted a high-spec 3.0 supercharged petrol S example with all the options but no glass roof, that was quite some search.

My blind doesn’t work what so ever
How do you want us to help? Not much we can really do remotely, and no magic wands. Can only suggest the obvious, check fuses etc, else if you're not handy with the spanners, it's a garage or auto electrician. Have you tried giving it a "helping hand" when pressing the buttons? Can you hear the motor straining, maybe it's a bit jammed up due to lack of use?

#13 ·
I may be stating the obvious but my blind has a 2 stage button, if you touch the button & release the blind will open or close partially & stop (I used to hold the button continuously to open or close) but if you touch the button & then fully depress it & release then the blind will continue to open/close. yes if you shut the engine off it will stop. :cool:

#14 ·
Hi Steve yes your correct but my point is why can’t it be like the landrover products ie fully auto. On the Range Rover I could either have the blind open/close on ignition which is the setting I used in summer so the blind helped keep sun off cabin in day and when in car it open to allow light etc

in the winter I used the setting that kept blind fully open
I find it odd that this can be on a 40 k evoke but not on an 85k fpace
Should be on all models Yes it’s not difficult to press a button but most things now days are automated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.