Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the roof rails for their F-Pace? They brilliantly come with a bit of paper telling you to visit accessories.jaguar.com/instructions but then when you enter the part number it says not found!

I've managed to put them together ok but would prefer to check the instructions before sticking them on the roof!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep....... I got them as part of my 'compensation package' for the errors on the First Edition brochure.

The URL and then entering the code T4A6946 in the search box worked for me...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AndyS said:
Yep....... I got them as part of my 'compensation package' for the errors on the First Edition brochure.

The URL and then entering the code T4A6946 in the search box worked for me...
hmm - I've just tried again and still get 'not found' - https://db.tt/jw4IOZUB

Although I notice accessories.jaguar.com/instructions redirects to a Land Rover site?

Are you trying the same URL?

Edit - no worries - I googled and found them at http://accessories-instructions.jaguar.com/docs/1123.pdf

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I traded In my Range Rover Evoque for my F-Pace. I had roof rails and cross bars for the Evoque. Fortunately I did not sell the cross bars and I am delighted that they are identical to those for the F-pace hence saving me about £200.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I watched my neighbour (who owns a Disco Sport) struggle with the roof bars for about 2 hours last Saturday morning before boxing them up again and returning them to the dealer for a refund!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So fitted these today - not that much of a faff I suppose.

Only problem I have is finding how to line up with the hole on the rails? I've already got several marks on one where I've tried to secure it outside of the hole. Any tips?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody know where I could get 4 blank grommets or similar that would fit the holes in the roof rails where the cross bars connect? Noticed a couple of times when washing the car that these are open and I have had issues in the past with other cars when water gets in and over the years degrades the rails

·
Registered
2 Posts
I specified roof rails, but had them removed at delivery not wishing to have them on the car all the time.
The problems occurred when last week I attempted to put them back on. It took a massive search to get the on-line instructions (the dealer couldn't help). I then tried to follow the re-installation instructions but they didn't make sense. I called in at the dealership for help and they tried, using the instructions, but failed. They told me I needed to use the allan key supplied with the car (which I did not have with me because the instructions advise that it is not necessary for removal / re-installation). They didn't have one but told me I'd have no problem doing it myself.

I have just spent an hour + cuts and scratches on my hands + a scratch on the car trying to get them back on. It takes brute force (standing beside the car on a self-standing ladder) to get the cover aligned sufficiently to turn the locking key, and then to get the key to turn.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes i must say I find the rails very straightforward to fit. Pleased with them. Might just need a bit of practise with another pair of hands sto evade damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts