Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the latest edition of F1 Racing magazine and its got a feature on the road cars that all the F1 drivers have.
No surprises with Vettel & Raikkonen driving Ferraris, Ricciardo & Verstappen having a V12 Vantage each (Red Bull have sponsorship from Aston Martin), Palmer and Magnussen driving Renaults (Twizy Jolyon -really??) and Button a McLaren P1.
Honda are paying Alonso around £25,000,000 a year to tell everyone his run-around is an Accord and we're supposed to believe it, but the great news is that our new hero Roman Grosjean drives and F-Pace and an F-Type SVR. Top bloke. Might even buy a Haas T-shirt now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No FP761, I have an F-Pace & an F-Type, but may swap them both for an I-Pace in a couple of years as that seems to have the performance of a sports car with the practicality of the SUV all rolled into one

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have always had my eye on young Roman Grosjean as he is an exciting driver but he blows hot and cold. He is prone to misjudgement too often (making errors is part of the package of taking the risks necessary to win in F1 but too many of his decisions go wrong).

A classic example was Brazil, just last weekend (what a race, especially if watched on highlights so you could miss all that white space when the race was suspended due to bad weather). Our hero qualifies in 7th, I think. What an acihievement in a car that normally is capable only of making it to Qualy 2, not the final shoot-out.....

......then he spins it off the track coming up the hill to the start/finish straight in the Procession Lap :roll:

However, now I know he drives Jaguar, I can declare that I have become a fan and forgive him for his erratic driving. Interesting and enjoyable thread - thanks for starting it.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
948 Posts
chastt said:
No FP761, I have an F-Pace & an F-Type, but may swap them both for an I-Pace in a couple of years as that seems to have the performance of a sports car with the practicality of the SUV all rolled into one
The I-Pace is very interesting, with the exception of a very few long (+100 miles) trips per year I am starting to consider if electric transport might be a viable option. Doubt this fully electric model will be cheap.... but loving the look.

·
Registered
207 Posts
chastt said:
Which F-Type you have? I'm in the market and looking now, quite a choice tbh and options list to match

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the 3.0 supercharged coupe -well it's Mrs ChasTT's car actually. Photos show the family stable, although my son's Morgan is about to be wrapped up for the winter, if only we can find space in the garage.
if you're going to buy an F-Type you've just got to insist that it comes with the hooligan exhaust button as this transforms the car into the most irresponsible piece of automotive engineering since the demise of two-strokes with Micron expansion chambers.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.