Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after 6-weeks of ownership and a rather pathetic total of 700 miles it's time to do the same again but in 5-days.

To say I'm childishly excited would be an understatement.

World Nature Map Biome Line

From Shropshire 185 miles on Friday night after work to Carlisle in order to break the back of the journey (half-term traffic and M6 around Manchester won't be pretty). An overnight at the everso glamorous but practical PremierInn then up early Saturday to take in some of the best and most scenic roads I've ever driven.

3-nights on the edge of Loch Linnhe, near Fort William, then an overnight in Moffat (Forum member recommendation) on the way down.

Reckon we'll crack 1,000 miles. Just got to factor in unscheduled toilet stops from the 5-year old in the back seat. Hopefully the wi-fi and iPad will prove an invaluable distraction!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Very jealous, will be doing a tour in mine with wifey in a year or two hopefully - assuming ICTP gets sorted that is??!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Mrs cat and I will probably road trip to Scotland next year too! We have done a few times now.... But the last was a fly drive in a Fait 500L what piece of.... :? Anyway I know we are lucky to live in a beautiful part of Somerset with the Dorset coast just 30 + miles away, but...... Scotland has always been a draw for us, maybe beacause of or heritage but probably the landscapes... Truly stunning... This time we will plan in a number of places and route rather than just stay in one area. Now just have to get those phone numbers of the other F-pace owners... I mean hotels :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Very jealous, will be doing a tour in mine with wifey in a year or two hopefully - assuming ICTP gets sorted that is??!
May get you lost in some of the country back roads allowing you to throw the car around and really enjoy the car.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
May get you lost in some of the country back roads allowing you to throw the car around and really enjoy the car.
They are the roads to do it on, probably get stuck behind JagsCat though!! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've had ours for around six weeks now and only done some tootling about. However, I'm looking forward to our drive from Hull to see family near Loch Lomond next month. I'm interested to see what the total fuel economy will be !

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
'''tis a wonderful country. With fair weather, the west coast and islands are amongst the most uplifting scenery in the world (well, having said that, I have just realised that I haven't actually seen much of the world but there you go!)

Have a lovely time, I hope the weather stays good for you. We have our own little mini road trip planned in April, just after the planned delivery of our F-Pace, to Portree on the Isle of Skye. Here are some pics from our visit last Autumn...

Arianne

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just booked a room in The Inn at Ardgour - Hotel in Ardgour, Corran, Fort William, just for the one night Great Area, lovely scenery in great car what could be better. looking forward to the 480 mile round trip, may be the last in my present car as Jaguar are replacing in January.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Arianne said:
'''tis a wonderful country. With fair weather, the west coast and islands are amongst the most uplifting scenery in the world (well, having said that, I have just realised that I haven't actually seen much of the world but there you go!)

Have a lovely time, I hope the weather stays good for you. We have our own little mini road trip planned in April, just after the planned delivery of our F-Pace, to Portree on the Isle of Skye. Here are some pics from our visit last Autumn...

Arianne
Amazing scenery

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ Amazing car. Keep the photos coming of your trip, we love them.

Arianne

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts