Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My F-pace build starts at the end of May with the handover planed for the first week of July in Brussels (3 weeks from UK to Belgium :roll: )

I am planning a road trip/holiday starting from the end of July, departing Brussels and driving down though France and Switzerland to Umbria in Italy.

I expect to drive about 3500 km, anybody know if you need run in the new ingenious engine its a 2.0D AWD Auto.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Driving down to Southern France and Spain late July early August , be nice to have the new cars

·
Registered
247 Posts
blackdog said:
Hi All

My F-pace build starts at the end of May with the handover planed for the first week of July in Brussels (3 weeks from UK to Belgium :roll: )

I am planning a road trip/holiday starting from the end of July, departing Brussels and driving down though France and Switzerland to Umbria in Italy.

I expect to drive about 3500 km, anybody know if you need run in the new ingenious engine its a 2.0D AWD Auto.
That's a bit disappointing. When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were inviting us all to form a convoy for an epic road trip!

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car is due in 2 weeks and I am likely to do a road trip to France.

There's only one car you can road trip around Italy....

Ferrari California

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Road trip in September for me, the F-Pace will stay firmly at home, whilst the Lotus takes the strain! Up and down through France, round Geneva, the Dolomites, Livingno, Switzerland for a bit for the hotel near the glacier.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Possibly a visit to the Cathedral of Speed in June followed by a round trip to Sachsenring in Germany in July.

Only 1,700miles, but a run on Autobahn should be fun.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Road trip in September for me, the F-Pace will stay firmly at home, whilst the Lotus takes the strain! Up and down through France, round Geneva, the Dolomites, Livingno, Switzerland for a bit for the hotel near the glacier.
Is that the Belvedere Hotel opposite the glacier at the top of the pass?

Arianne

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Jonnyzander said:

Ferrari California
Oh No! That is one butt ugly car....

Any cool car for Italy will do.... They love them all!

I went to buy a 512TR in a dealership in Padova and ended up ordering a new RHD Esprit V8 as all my Italian friends said if I bought the Ferrari it would never reach the Channel...... They all had Porsches

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Arianne said:
F-Pace S said:
Is that the Belvedere Hotel opposite the glacier at the top of the pass?

Arianne
Hi Arianne,
No this one is access only by cable car, we leave all the cars at the bottom, up past the hotel to see the glacier before it gets dark, then down to the hotel before the cable car closes for the night.

http://www.alpinafiescheralp.ch/htm/302/en/Header-mit-3-Spalten.htm

Cloud Mountain Sky Snow Highland

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm off on 2k mile road trip in a fortnight, Middlesbrough to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland.
I read in the manual that you need to run in the car, page 220 see below.
Basically don't thrash it for 3k km.

Menu Font Material property Recipe Paper

I have less than 1k miles on the clock currently but I'm not too bothered about it.

R

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Lauterbrunnen Valley is gorgeous. There's a wonderful walk above Murren but don't bother with the Jungfrau Express.

Arianne

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have a great time XERoy

I did a similar trip about 4 years ago - Stunning scenery and some great roads nearby e.g. Furka Pass. Would recommend the trip up to Piz Gloria (restaurant filmed in Bonds On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

Mike

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Jonnyzander said:
My car is due in 2 weeks and I am likely to do a road trip to France.

Ferrari California
If I could afford one I don't think I'd bother with the road trip unless I could book an empty road! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts