Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found if it's possible to change the default phone ringtone and volume when connected via Bluetooth? I only collected the car on Friday and today going along the M56 my daughter phoned me and the ringtone is very loud and more like an alarm - I thought I'd hit a problem and was expecting to pull over.

I've searched the handbook & the Jaguar website but to no avail.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Bingo said:
Has anyone found if it's possible to change the default phone ringtone and volume when connected via Bluetooth? I only collected the car on Friday and today going along the M56 my daughter phoned me and the ringtone is very loud and more like an alarm - I thought I'd hit a problem and was expecting to pull over.

I've searched the handbook & the Jaguar website but to no avail.
You have to adjust it when you get a call but i would assume it will stay adjusted once set,

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T28556/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1822014

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The volume I worked out but the ringtone is like something out of a nuclear attack warning - not very pleasant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh bums! Perhaps it will be addressed in the long awaited patch!

G

·
Shaunyt said:
My default ring tone on my phone plays through the speakers when i get an incoming call not some nuclear fall out alarm.
second that! I get my default ringtones for each person who calls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I raised this with the dealer. as it scared the living daylights out of me every time someone called. Turing the ring volume down resulted in being unable to hear the caller when the phone was answered. If the volume is turned up to hear the phone conversation, then the ring volume returned to nuclear warning volume!

Tried it with several different phones (all Android) and it was the same.

Mentioned to the dealer, who spoke to Jaguar to be told it must be an isolated case but the re was a software update available. Car booked in, issue demonstrated to the service manager, who agreed it was completely unacceptable, update applied, and............ its exactly the same! Only now I have lots of other features enabled including blank screen, phone not connecting, sim card in car sometimes not begin recognised, etc :eek:

Co-incidentally changed to an Iphone at the end of last week, and that works as I would expect in terms of ringtone and call volume.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do you mean now you have changed to an iPhone the call volume is ok? I have an iPhone and the way you describe the ring tone is exactly like mine, it scar d the living daylights out of my mother in law!

·
Registered
688 Posts
iPhone 7 on the latest iOS beta connected via Bluetooth plays my ringtone when I get a call. No sirens here.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
If the ringtone is a problem for you guys, then it must only be a problem on the ICTP variant of the system, 'cos everything works fine on my ICT with an Android phone . . in fact the ringtone on the car is quite 'nice', better than the one I currently have on my phone handset :lol: . . and I've not found the volume between ringtone and call conversation levels to be a problem either. So, I'm happy with 'vanilla ICT' here . . all good :p

(...damn it, I've got "ICT ICT Baby" in my head now!!! :evil: )

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Do you mean now you have changed to an iPhone the call volume is ok? I have an iPhone and the way you describe the ring tone is exactly like mine, it scar d the living daylights out of my mother in law!
Every cloud!!! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it is only the ICTP system that attempts to give you a heart condition with every phone call. When I was at the dealership, we tried my Android phone in another Fpace with the normal ICT and it was absolutely fine.

As I said, I've now moved the dark side and have an Iphone running the latest software, and the issue has gone away, and the ring volume is exactly as you would expect - ie normal

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have found I can either not have a heart attack when the phone rings and then not be able to hear person calling (by adjusting the volume right down while the phone is ringing like Big Ben has been mounted in the car) or have a heart attack when the phone rings and once I've got over the shock and if the caller is still there answer the call and then once the ringing in my ears has subsided I can then hear them typically saying ....... Hello, Hello, is there anyone there?

I'm hoping that this 'feature' may be corrected once the new ICTP software has been released.

If I recall correctly on my XF it was possible to separately adjust the ring volume and the in call audio.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just paired the wifes iPhone and the system uses her ringtone. Connect my Samsung with Android and get the nuclear alarm both in sound and volume. Is this enough to make me want to change to Apple - not on your nelly! Call to dealer tomorrow to tell them and ask when the fix is going to be available but will wait 'til hell freezes over before I give Apple any money. Before you ask the wife bought her own after I refused to buy one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jim - Did you manage to get any response / update on this?

when i get a call (ITCP and Samsung) the volume really is loud enough to cause you to have an accident.....

I am going to call the dealer for this, and other ITCP CD and Media issues, on Monday but wanted to check how others are finding it now.

1500 miles done so far (3 weeks) and love the car and the ride. Still struggling to get my head around the myriad of gadgets in ITCP and the niggly problems above - else all is great!

·
Registered
887 Posts
No, still have the feature. Hopefully the next iteration of the ICTP software will include the fix to be able to set both volumes independently of each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts