Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else out there having problems with the reversing sensors screaming at you when there is nothing there for them to be telling you about? :?

Its the same sensor every time - the one just to the inside of the exhaust on the passenger side

There is nothing physically wrong with it apparently - its a 'software issue' that's not currently fixable?

I get a continuous tone and red bar in the ICT display for that sensor, then it flips back and forth between it working normally and freaking out - all very loud and extremely distracting, particularly when reversing in the dark :oops:

The car has been to the dealers for an overnight stay this week for a few ongoing problems - including the good old tailgate shut-line, the rear passenger door being difficult to close properly without bouncing off the catch, the tailgate actually trying to rip out the floor of the boot ( as a previous adjustment for the shut line problem - still not fixed - had gone a smidgeon too far), plus these damnable sensors.

The car was delivered on 13th October, and I first reported problems with it to the dealer just five days later on the 18th

After a 4mm gap opened up around a rear light cluster following a journey on the 21st October (there should be no gap there!#%), I emailed Jaguar directly a couple of days later, just ten days into ownership - it didn't seem appropriate at the time to lock horns with the dealer for problems that were clearly not of their making. They were doing their very best to fix, and I emailed Mr Hicks :)

I do like the F Pace, but I simply cant be bothered driving it at the moment (hence just 1,000 miles covered) - my ten year old daughter can't open and close her door without the car telling me its not shut properly, the tailgate shut-line is really irritating to look at - especially when you know what you've paid for the car and you see other cars at a third of the price or less that look picture perfect.

Also, the reversing sensors are driving me absolutely nuts :x , ~ especially so in the dark as I sometimes have to get out and check visually when I'm parking it - near a low wall for example - and this not great for a £45k chunk of metal, no matter how 'pretty' it is :roll:

I've had less than five days of problem free motoring in a car that's nearly two months old, and the dealer has tried really hard to sort everything out but to not much avail

There is no art in this performance(!) so I'm now awaiting contact from Jaguar re 'next steps'

Nothing from them yesterday or today sadly, despite my leaving a voicemail on both days asking for a call-back from the chap handling my case - he's been very good to date though, so I'm guessing that there is a process to follow at his end before he can let me know what they intend to do now; we're pretty much out of options in putting the outstanding items right with the car I'm driving, as its been in a few times now. I know Jaguar have spoken to the dealer though, so hopefully I'll find out what the plan is next week.

In the meantime it would be good to know if anyone else is having this reversing sensor/software problem please - and even better if someone's had it fixed, or not as the case may be

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes. I have had the same issue with the same sensor.
At the moment, it seems to be behaving itself.

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's not a software problem, I don't think there has been a single car I've own when this hasn't happened to the parking sensors, more often than not a rub with a cloth sorts it.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Okay, don't bite my head off 'cos this isn't as stupid a thought as it might at first sound, but have you tried washing the car/cleaning carefully around the offending sensor? . . . I only ask because I had a similar issue with a previous car a few years ago, and that is what it turned out to be, just a layer of ingrained dirt around the circular sensor mount itself . . incredible, but true!

. . . gotta at least be worth checking out...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe mine is behaving at the moment because I had the car washed when I got down here....

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have got same problem and same sensor, its been in for 2.5 update and they changed the offending sensor even though they said it was ok still same. It happens intermittently sometimes going a full week all ok. My car is always clean so cant be a dirty sensor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all

Thanks for all the comments so far on the sensor - not its definitely not dirty (or faulty apparently), that was the first thing that I went looking for, as did the dealer

It was spotless when the problem first appeared, I still cleaned it meticulously just in case - but it made no difference.

Dealer said its the same sensor position on all three cars they have had the problem with, hence it pointing to a software issue - makes sense I guess

They fixed one out of the three with a 'software flash', but with the other two (including mine) that didn't work, so its a matter of waiting on the tech people at Jaguar who already have a pretty big to do list I guess

Thanks again

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have issues in Reverse, and on other cars the same. Is it a case on understanding the camera instead of the camera beeps are not correct ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
luminated said:
It's not a software problem, I don't think there has been a single car I've own when this hasn't happened to the parking sensors, more often than not a rub with a cloth sorts it.
I've had many many cars with parking sensors and this does happen all the time. My disco does it at the minute, usually after I have taken it off road. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I videoed one of the loaners I had whilst mine was in for 'repair'. Rear sensor going mental something! Nothing?! On off on off!! 10 feet either side clear and 30 feet behind! Now you can tolerate that when the camera comes on as you can see it's clear and ignore it. Try putting up with it doing this and the cameras don't work as well!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, been reading this post and feel a little reassured that it i am not the only one experiencing this issues.

I picked up my FPACE In July and within a week of having it was experiencing this very issue and on the NSR sensor.

The car has been in the dealership three times, but they haven't been able to recreate the fault!!! Frustrating as it happens to me nearly every day!!!!!

Finally demonstrated the issues to the service manager on Monday who has now logged it with Jaguar Technical Support - he recieved a note back from them asking him to test the voltage on some of the wiring looms in the bumber..... that will be happening in January.

Anybody else got any further with the very frustrating issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Parker.ben said:
Hi, been reading this post and feel a little reassured that it i am not the only one experiencing this issues.

I picked up my FPACE In July and within a week of having it was experiencing this very issue and on the NSR sensor.

The car has been in the dealership three times, but they haven't been able to recreate the fault!!! Frustrating as it happens to me nearly every day!!!!!

Finally demonstrated the issues to the service manager on Monday who has now logged it with Jaguar Technical Support - he recieved a note back from them asking him to test the voltage on some of the wiring looms in the bumber..... that will be happening in January.

Anybody else got any further with the very frustrating issue?
Glad to hear that you have been able to show the dealer as its really frustrating when it does not recreate the fault when you are showing them, will be interesting to hear what the issue was as we read many posts were people have had issues that have been tracked to be a wiring issue, just hope Jaguar have not used cheap looms in the cars or poor fitment issues that lead to wiring issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya, I've had my R Sport about 3 months now. I do find that the sensors start blaring out whenever there's something remotely close. Very annoying. You can of course turn down the volume which helps. I cant pinpoint it to any particular sensor just seems fairly random.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have exactly the same sensor experience, not every time but often enough to be irritating. I thought it might be dirt, but cleaning the car has not made much difference. Be interesting to know what you find out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. FPACE since September.

Near side rear parking sensor freaks out. The visual display will show red collision warning accompanied by loud continuous scream. On getting out of the vehicle there is nothing obstructing the reversing path. Happens every day.

I have been into Guy Salmon Northampton today and the diagnostics found nothing. We tried reversing in their customer car park and the fault did not materialise. The representative asked me what I wanted to do?, which is quite frustrating as I'd expect some kind of help, direction on possible next steps.

On return home the sensor has started doing what it does. Reverse -> Accelerator down -> Near side rear parking sensor freaks out -> I get out and see nothing obstructing the reversing path.

Will be interested in any practical advice or contacts at Jaguar Land Rover to explore solution. kind regards

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ sorry to hear your issues. My advice is videos. I know it's a bit of an effort to have the iPhone ready to go but I took around 40 videos of intermittent faults and the dealer took them seriously.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wonder with it being near side, whether an overly sensitive sensor could be picking up exhaust gasses as an obstruction? Is this even possible?

I have noticed I seem to get more exhaust output (looks like a white vapour rather than smoke) on my F-Pace and had put it down to the Ad-blue as it smells like swimming pools!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have exactly same issue with same sensor and I agree its loud, distracting and needs to be fixed but silence from dealer. ( i also had a demo for 10 days which did exactlyt the same thing) I have temp problems too ( wont repeat here) and my sat nav is deteriorating. Spent an hour on the M11 when shut before the traffic news updated to tell me when it was on radio and all trafic sites so not clear what is wrong. Interested to know who you chat with from jaquar ( not dealer) as i share your view that #47k on irritating interior cabin issues outweighs the rest..

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a known problem by Jaguar as the sensor is picking up the exhaust fumes! It's worse when the engine is warm. My car was in for 2 weeks whilst trying to fix the problem as it was happening all the time. They changed everything including swapping bumpers with another F pace but could not resolve. Identified as a software issue awaiting upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, picked up new f pace portfolio dec14th, parking sensors went to continuous bleep, 3 feet from garage door, later that same day same thing happened 4 inches away from garage door, 2 weeks later still problems , no consistency, having owned range rovers/ mercy for years I've never encountered these problems, dealer has had the car back , checked it out and said all ok, Keeping it overnight, to have another look, first jaguar I've owned, wouldn't touch another with a barge pole

1 - 20 of 119 Posts