Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been able to select the reverse dipped mirror option?

I'm assuming my FE got it (powered mirrors) but I can't find it anywhere in the menu?

I can see where it states it in the manual but I don't appear to have the option available.

Can anyone help or is the FE missing this option?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Isn't it a manual thing? you have to press the two buttons (mirror adjusters) simultaneously and they dip... if this should be automated let us all know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does the mirror control switch need to be in the LH mirror position for the dip to work (once set of course)?

This is used in other makes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you press both left and right buttons simultaneously it causes the mirrors to fold in manually ur for squeezing past other cars vans with mirrors stuck out
The dipping when engaging reverse I believe you have to set up . On my freelander originally it was defaulted to same position as when in forward gears i think you have to engage reverse and set position you want both mirrors to dip to them press a set button on the screen if it's the same for the freelander

·
Registered
948 Posts
On my RRSport it's in the menu system on the dash, when enabled if you select reverse both mirror dip to your manually pre-selected setting meaning you put it in reverse then adjust each mirror to your desired position which only comes into effect when reverse is selected.

Maybe check on the instrument menu to see if it's there but if your FE has memory seats and mirrors I would have thought you would have it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The online owners manual states:

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING
Selecting Reverse (R) gear causes the passenger's door mirror to automatically adjust, providing an improved viewing angle for reversing.
The dipped position of the mirror is a preset position. In R, the mirror can be adjusted, but the new position cannot be saved.

NOTES
The preset dipped position of the mirror cannot be altered.

When the gear selector is moved out of R, or if the vehicle's speed exceeds 12 km/h (7.5 mph) while reversing, the mirror returns to its previous position.

Reverse-dip Mirror can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Settings menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Is it only the passenger mirror that dips? That's highly annoying. It's both in my RRE. Going to make parking in my street a little more complicated.

Can someone confirm that the memory pack is not needed for the mirror to dip?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were inspecting an FE waiting for collection at our local retailer a couple of weeks ago.
We were told there is no reverse dipping function for mirrors, unless a memory pack is fitted. So with no memory pack on the FE, it looks like the dipping function doesn't exist! Sorry!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi all. So to confirm what's been written here, as I discovered today after an hour playing at the dealership.

The reverse dipping passenger mirror is only enabled with the memory pack, and the preset position (which is frankly useless as it doesn't point down far enough) cannot be reprogrammed.

This is a major step back from my Evoque in which both the driver and passenger mirrors have an adjustable kerb dip position that can be saved as part of the memory settings.

Now I just *know* I am going to kerb those beautiful black alloys when I park (unfortunately I only have on street parking) so I better take the alloy insurance pack. Annoying but I will get over it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Read an article today that said that there is tyre overhang over the alloys - even on 22's, so if you're careful I think you should be OK.

Alloy insurance is expensive, so I won't be taking it out. If the worst should happen, I will go to an independent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.