Votes: 3 12.5%
  • <t>Er, No</t>

Votes: 21 87.5%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of removing the JAGUAR script from below my leaper on the boot like this ....

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Opinions welcome!

Naturally, I'll need to measure the space properly prior (not thought it thru that much yet, in the pub!) as the height above and below may mean the leaper would look wrong without the text as too little space above and too much below and it'll just end up looking like some low-life stole the letters!

By the way I'll be removing with a hairdryer to heat the adhesive then polish out any remaining on the paintwork

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Had considered the same thing myself. I've seen two with some letters missing so if you wait long enough they might just drop off!

If they are anything like the letters on my Evoque they come off really easily.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Bear in mind the XJ in the photo has a full size leaper.... and when the text is added like on most of the jag range, it is only a half size leaper.
What I think would look good also ...... if you spec a black pack you can have black leaper and script..... Yes....! I know then everyone would think it's a panther. Actually think black ones are available on eBay!!!
Apparently Jag added the script to help identify their cars to the American markets as the leaper is not that well known over there..... even though they still can't pronounce it correctly, without the w in it.
Just don't tell Mrs Jags Cat as she likes the way they say it!!! Still what does she know!!! :eek: :eek: :shock: , a lot more than you Jags Cat,!!! That's probably why she earns 4 times your salary.. :shock: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Sorry not a fan but that's the beauty of car ownership, everyone can be different with colours ect ect.

If you do remove the lettering post an image so we can see, maybe on the Fpace it will look differently to the XJ

·
Registered
345 Posts
Perhaps Photoshop it before actually doing it?

My view is it looks ok on that XJ, but why didn't they remove the XJ too, looks odd now

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Apollya said:

My view is it looks ok on that XJ, but why didn't they remove the XJ too, looks odd now
I think the back of the XJ looks odd whatever you do, not the best looking rear of a car design.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Apollya said:

I think the back of the XJ looks odd whatever you do, not the best looking rear of a car design.
Quite agree! It was not one of Ian Callum's best designs and reminds me of the Ford Scorpio.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IDEA SCRAPPED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts