Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well no one warned me about this ....

Font Screenshot Multimedia Logo Brand


Being a tad over protective. Fuel light only came on last night as I got home!

On the plus side ICTP came up instantly from (very) cold with all cameras etc working. Could be one of the good days!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Better to be safe than sorry! Good to see some level of safety factor there, I mean what if used the fuel down to the low level warning, and you was 40mils from a garage!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm kinda see your point but the fuel level is clearly displayed on the front page of the app telling me I have a range of 46 miles left. If I decide to use another couple of miles worth warming my bottom shouldn't that be my choice?! This isn't a winge just a public service announcement! Ok warm now time to drive! Have a good day peeps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Not seen that. Funny though that by the time my light comes on it will be a lot less than 46 miles left - Damn thats nearly quarter of a tank :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
On the subject of remote start, are you aware that (in the UK) by using remote start whilst your vehicle is parked on a public road you are committing the offence of "Quitting" and liable to a £30 fine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Growler said:
On the subject of remote start, are you aware that (in the UK) by using remote start whilst your vehicle is parked on a public road you are committing the offence of "Quitting" and liable to a £30 fine?
Didn't have a clue. What exactly is that ? Wont stop me mind though I rarely start while on public road, normally at house or other parked place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Growler said:
On the subject of remote start, are you aware that (in the UK) by using remote start whilst your vehicle is parked on a public road you are committing the offence of "Quitting" and liable to a £30 fine?
Really? Jaguar are knowingly providing a service that breaks UK law.... I'd double check that as the car is actually locked and transmission locked. I do take the point though but why wouldn't they (Jaguar) even provide a disclaimer against using it? Just to protect their backsides? Would seem to be the typical corporate approach to this type of issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Was showing the feature to a friend of mine who is a copper and he raised it. Quitting is defined in the Road Traffic Act 1998 as leaving your car engine running whilst not being inside the vehicle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504888/Driver-fined-leaving-engine-running-car-defrosted-outside-home.html

A quick Google showed me a number of cases where people have been fined - but usually by Police trying to educate people on the perils of leaving an unlocked car running. Like you most of the time I would remote start, the car would be on my drive or in car park, so not falling foul of the legislation.

I reckon that the chances of me remote starting the car on a public highway at the same time as a policeman (who a) is aware and b) can be bothered with the paperwork) is walking by is so slim it is worth a £30 gamble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Growler said:
the car would be on my drive or in car park, so not falling foul of the legislation.
I think public car parks are a very grey area, indeed they are owned by "someone" but that doesn't mean they are private land and you need insurance etc. It is a valid issue and my use is so far limited to the very hot days in summer and maybe if it gets cold enough "down south" the worst winter days, otherwise I have no use for it! But so far only in car parks! Have you tried parking on the road down here.... no chance, yellow lines everywhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Really? Jaguar are knowingly providing a service that breaks UK law.... I'd double check that as the car is actually locked and transmission locked. I do take the point though but why wouldn't they (Jaguar) even provide a disclaimer against using it? Just to protect their backsides? Would seem to be the typical corporate approach to this type of issue.
Jaguar knowingly produce a car that can go over 70 miles an hour thus breaking the law and don't have a disclaimer for that !

That said, pretty sure that on first use of the App there was a message that had some kind of legal disclaimer message? On the website descirbing the feature there is an asterisk next to the feature which states "*where local legislation allows"

I think it is the case of legislation having been penned before technology was available to remote start, and probably if re-written today it would exclude engine running whilst car was locked etc - that said again though the guy in the Daily mail article I linked to seems to have been fined despite his vehicle being locked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Yeah you're probably right... good point on speed issue :) but I never go faster than the speed limit signs officer! hic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Well, first problem with my F-Pace has presented itself.

Remote start which has been working fine now doesn't.

I've went out to the Jag and pressed the button. You can see it is 'talking' to it as the dash etc. comes to life, but it just won't start it.

All other remote features are working however
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Big Pimp said:
Well, first problem with my F-Pace has presented itself.

Remote start which has been working fine now doesn't.

I've went out to the Jag and pressed the button. You can see it is 'talking' to it as the dash etc. comes to life, but it just won't start it.

All other remote features are working however
Did you get an error when you try? I sometimes get a "slow net" sort of error .... it's normally my phone not getting internet connect properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
No mate, nothing like that. Tried on both full 4G and wifi

I've tried it 10 times in a row there now.

It is making contact with the jag and you can see the dash power up, and can hear the fuel being injected up the lines etc but it just fails to fire up.

Really annoying considering it has been working before
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I have had the same issue, on and off. Spoke to dealer and they advised could be the dpf filter I think they said. If that is clogged up due to many short journeys they it will not allow remote start to happen. Might be worth trying a blast up the motorway and back and see if it makes a difference? Mine still seems to have a mind of its own. Going to try it now and see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Haha, it's like going to the doctor! Worked first time this time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
I have had the same issue, on and off. Spoke to dealer and they advised could be the dpf filter I think they said. If that is clogged up due to many short journeys they it will not allow remote start to happen. Might be worth trying a blast up the motorway and back and see if it makes a difference? Mine still seems to have a mind of its own. Going to try it now and see what happens.
This makes some logic and would fit the error you are getting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
@jasonfpace & @gdank - thank you for your help and advice - gave the car a good drive today and cleared out the dpf and it's started no hesitation.

Turns out driving like an old woman in eco mode doesn't do much good for the 3.0 S!

Flat out for now on!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top