Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any way to reboot etc to re-establish the connection. Had the car 3 weeks and my iPhone app can't connect with the car. Was working well but now gone totally. I have deleted the app and re loaded. Switched iPhone totally off and back on. Etc any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi, happens with mine regularly.
Usually accept it doesn't work until you have fired up the car and got a 3G signal. Normally sorts itself out after a bit.
Soemtimes helps to force close the app on the phone (double click home button, then scroll through to find app and swipe upwards, click home button then restart App)
Have you got the standard or Pro ICT?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pos
Shouldn't the 3G signal work with the car off? Why does it need firing up?
Tried the upswipe but no success as yet but maybe left over night will clear the cache.
Mine just the remote app not the pro. Is that free or an extra?
Thanks for suggestions - much appreciated.
Adam

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi
Yes it should work with the car off, but the 3g connection is one of the ongoing faults, at least with the pro version. Not sure what the full setup is with the standard version, but somebody will be along in a bit who knows I'm sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rang jaguar customer service this afternoon and they said I should contact the dealer for a reset on their system.
Initially the guy in dealers service dept wanted me to go down there, I don't think so somehow when I've spent 60k on their product. So after a bit of pushing he said he could delete and reinstall me on the system and I should do the uninstall of the app on my iPhone and then reinstall. Did all that at my end only now to find there's no car linked to my account. So sounds like he hasn't resintated my account at his end. So another hour will be wasted tomorrow. Also tried to set up another account with my business email address but after entering the vin number the message came up saying that car is registered to another account. I'm guessing that's my original account so why isn't my app finding the car on there. Sounds like the dealers need more training on their software systems. I love jaguar and want to be a long standing customer but this kind of experience makes me wonder if I'd have been better buying the Porsche after All! Not a good start Jaguar. And if jaguar customer services team don't read these posts everyday then they're missing a trick on how to improve and grow their business.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Adamar said:
And if jaguar customer services team don't read these posts everyday then they're missing a trick on how to improve and grow their business.
Sadly Jaguar Customer service is becoming an oxymoron, it really isn't service in anyway shape or form, mostly I see denial and avoidance!

G

·
I have had it twice now, I tend to find it starts working again a day or so later... I actually think it is the App not the service. When I have had the issue, I have logged in to the website and it seems to be up to date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts