Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gadget Font Communication Device Screenshot Technology

Have never seen this before until today - when did this sneak in??

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Was this an app update or car update?
App update - on the last screen when you swipe across where the VIN number is (was getting it to check Topix ;) )

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm guessing this is for Apple not Android then, I don't have it and the app is reported fully up to date.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Ok all I have is via number and jaguar assistance on that page, what make of phone you using as us Android users still don't have spotify

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iPhone...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Well since I am told my car is all fixed yet just checked my App and it still says "Alarmed - Sunroof Open" as it has since Day 1 .. I don't think I shall be believing this new Health Check one bit!

·
Registered
887 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Well since I am told my car is all fixed yet just checked my App and it still says "Alarmed - Sunroof Open" as it has since Day 1 .. I don't think I shall be believing this new Health Check one bit!
Isn't this one of the things your car is with the JLR doctor at the moment to have sorted out?

Could the sun roof still be lying on the floor beside the car waiting to be bolted (blu-tacked) on to the roof? :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jim said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Isn't this one of the things your car is with the JLR doctor at the moment to have sorted out?

Could the sun roof still be lying on the floor beside the car waiting to be bolted (blu-tacked) on to the roof? :D
Don't!! I had a very graphic email explaining how the headlining etc has all been removed .. almost made me cry!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
jonty1625 said:
iPhone...
Must be another update that only iphone users get as us second Class Android owners again have not got this feature, good old Jaguar again. :evil:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
jonty1625 said:
iPhone...
Must be another update that only iphone users get as us second Class Android owners again have not got this feature, good old Jaguar again. :evil:
Well most apps are made for one system or the other, then ported over, so updates happen in that order too.

There are just as many apps Andriod get first that apple users have to wait for. It's just bad luck that in this case Jag picked iOS first.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Gdank said:
Jagfpacejk said:
jonty1625 said:
iPhone...
Well most apps are made for one system or the other, then ported over, so updates happen in that order too.

There are just as many apps Andriod get first that apple users have to wait for. It's just bad luck that in this case Jag picked iOS first.
Not just this time but times before also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's a nice addition to the app but pretty useless really - it would be much more useful if it gave more info such as tyre pressure, how long until break pads need changing etc etc - used to have this on my beemer and found it quite useful.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Having used the remote start function on frosty mornings the thing I would like to be able to do is have the ability to turn on the heating system to its max de-mist/defrost setting with the remote app so not only would the car be toasty warm when I get in but the front and rear windscreens would also be completely clear, even when I only have a short amount of time between starting the car and wanting to drive off.

Fortunately the 3 times I have used the remote start function I had time to sit and have a coffee while I waited for it all to clear.

That said, I do like the remote start and this would be classified as a 'nice to have' if I was prioritising functionality to develop.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jim said:
Having used the remote start function on frosty mornings the thing I would like to be able to do is have the ability to turn on the heating system to its max de-mist/defrost setting with the remote app so not only would the car be toasty warm when I get in but the front and rear windscreens would also be completely clear, even when I only have a short amount of time between starting the car and wanting to drive off.

Fortunately the 3 times I have used the remote start function I had time to sit and have a coffee while I waited for it all to clear.

That said, I do like the remote start and this would be classified as a 'nice to have' if I was prioritising functionality to develop.
I think front and rear screen heaters kick in automatically with the remote start on mine - they seem to have an auto function that activates them when the conditions dictate. At least, I think that is what is happening!

I also noticed that, if I leave the heated seats on at the end of my previous journey, they re-activated with remote start altho that doesn't always happen.... probably limited to reactivating the remote start within a certain number of hours of stopping the engine.

·
Registered
887 Posts
MyNameIsMatt said:
I think front and rear screen heaters kick in automatically with the remote start on mine - they seem to have an auto function that activates them when the conditions dictate. At least, I think that is what is happening!
When I have used the remote start I haven't seen the lines appear across the rear (or front) screen in the frost that I would expect if the heating elements were turned on, though I haven't gone out to the car to turn on the heated front and rear screens to see if it does melt in lines like all my previous cars. On all occasions the temperature when I started the car remotely was probably 1 or 2 degrees C above freezing, so may be though there was frost on the glass and roof it may not have been cold enough for the screen heaters to activate automatically.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Try turning them both on then switch the car off, i wonder if the remote start uses the last settings you used before turning the car off, just an idea.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm fairly sure the heated screens have an auto function... whereas the heated seats are unable to detect a frosty bum so need to be turned on manually :oops:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts