Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had this done yet ?
There are some good offers out there, Quantum are offing a special price right now,
The available gains look fantastic, they say they've done a few, but really want to hear from somebody who's had it done
I've had previous XF's done by Superchips and they were faultless, but superchips aren't offering it yet
Cheers Rich

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
FSLUK said:
Has anybody had this done yet ?
There are some good offers out there, Quantum are offing a special price right now,
The available gains look fantastic, they say they've done a few, but really want to hear from somebody who's had it done
I've had previous XF's done by Superchips and they were faultless, but superchips aren't offering it yet
Cheers Rich
Where are you? I know an excellent company near Caterham in Surrey.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
I like the idea of the ones you can put on and remove under the bonnet so I can take it off each time it goes for a service but I like you are awaiting others to say how good or bad they are, there is one on ebay at present at half price of 99 pounds which sounds great value.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the Gloucester area, so Surrey is a bit of a drive, but maybe they have a branch locally, who are they please ?
Quantum are doing a special at the mo £250 all in, but although 90%+ of reports are excellent, there are a worrying few that said it went wrong, on other cars may I add.
I had a plug in one before on my S Type, maybe 6-7 years ago and it was very problematic. I think those plug in ones just change a couple of parameters by interfering and then modifying the injector pressure and the mass flow, tricking it to ram in more air and fuel.
The remaps usually change more settings to make it all work together better in unison, what they do is remap a real car to optimise everything and then they apply that map to any others of the same car that comes along. There's not many rolling roads out there that can cope with 4 driven wheels, so its more difficult to do a unique remap on a rolling road. Hence also the price is significantly more expensive.
I'm no expert but hats my understanding

·
Registered
453 Posts
FSLUK said:
I'm in the Gloucester area, so Surrey is a bit of a drive, but maybe they have a branch locally, who are they please ?
Quantum are doing a special at the mo £250 all in, but although 90%+ of reports are excellent, there are a worrying few that said it went wrong, on other cars may I add.
I had a plug in one before on my S Type, maybe 6-7 years ago and it was very problematic. I think those plug in ones just change a couple of parameters by interfering and then modifying the injector pressure and the mass flow, tricking it to ram in more air and fuel.
The remaps usually change more settings to make it all work together better in unison, what they do is remap a real car to optimise everything and then they apply that map to any others of the same car that comes along. There's not many rolling roads out there that can cope with 4 driven wheels, so its more difficult to do a unique remap on a rolling road. Hence also the price is significantly more expensive.
I Had a Quantum re-map on my R sport , yes different engine but i wasnt happy as i had DPF errors constantly afterwards. had to have it put back to standard andf then take back to dealership to have the fault message removed. The dealership kept the car for a week testing it to try find the issue , i obviously couldnt tell them i had had a remap done.

I would like it re mapped again but by a recommended company who wasn't going to rip my arm off and beat me with the wet end.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Personally I would never get a chip and make sure you get a proper remap and any other additions.
They often remap and check the results and tinker with the settings if done right. I've had a Alfa done which was amazing and removed the DPF at same time.
For diesels there is a few nice benefits.
For the petrol I see some companies like paramount do a pulley upgrade as well for the supercharger.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
The issue with a remap is if it goes wrong you need to go back to the dealer who sold the remap where as an add on box you can just remove the box.

Easier to hide the fact the car has had a box upgrade if its not there?

Unless i am missing something.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
FSLUK said:
There is one in Newquay I saw that looked ok. Celtic tuning or performance I think they were,
Still not super close I know,

·
Registered
948 Posts
If anyone is in Northern Ireland and considering getting their tuned then check out Torquetronix in Kells, a few years back I got my Cayenne Diesel remapped by them and the thing was amazing.... there was so much grunt that they also had to remap the gearbox. It's not very often a 2300lbs aerodynamic brick could give an Audi S4v6T a run for it's money but that's what my beast did.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think you mean 2300KG, personally I've given up trying to race because there is always some kid in a 10 yr old chipped hatchback who will take great delight in putting you down. Like the XKR you're too heavy, let him have his moment of glory he aspires to what you've got!!.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Deltasierra said:
I think you mean 2300KG, personally I've given up trying to race because there is always some kid in a 10 yr old chipped hatchback who will take great delight in putting you down. Like the XKR you're too heavy, let him have his moment of glory he aspires to what you've got!!.
2300kgs :lol: my bad.

I think the opposite, no one expects a big heavy DIESEL SUV to be fast so surprising much sportier stuff was a hoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts