Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having now returned my car having had the use of a faulty (5 panels out of line and 10 other faults) vehicle for 5 weeks
( from collection to rejection letter) anybody thinking of returning their car for a full refund BEWARE YOU WILL NOT GET A FULL REFUND
1..you will be charged a usage fee by the dealer
2...you will be charged a usage fee by jaguar finance
3..bizarrely you will get £100 for" any distress and inconvience caused"
4.. Bizarrely you will get £100 for " loss of enjoyment encountered"
5..you will get treated like an idiot and if you can't deal with confrontation you will come off worse than I did

If taking a faulty car back (15 faults inside and out) and point 3&4 is not enough for a full refund then I don't know what is My understanding of consumer rights were if you gave the dealer a chance to fix the faults within the first 30 days(which I did) and you were still unhappy you had the right to return for a full refund HOW WRONG WAS I
Inspect your vehicle before you leave the dealers and as hard as it may be after such a long wait DO NOT ACCEPT IT that was the fault I made
Before any fellow members think I am a moaner I can assure you I am not ,I am only like the rest of the disgruntled people on here that pay good money for a car and expect it to be in fine working order. Pictures below are only some of them AFTER it was fixed

Ps ..I am now in a hire car as trying to order a premium suv to the spec I had is 10 weeks delivery time
Pps ..If I can be of any help to anybody please PM me
Ppps..don't think this will stay posted for too long as the truth hurts
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Are the dealers going to agree to the rejection? minus their 'discomfort costs'?

Im hoping all my issues will be cleared when i get the car back after 3 weeks at the dealers.
As its now 4 months old I will need to employ the services of a solicitor if it isn't and drag the issue through County Court.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues but i can fully understand why people are doing this, i am giving my dealer a chance but thats what i am happy to do personally but there is only so many chances you can give.

Fully understand and feel for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
barchetta said:
Sorry to hear that.

Are the dealers going to agree to the rejection? minus their 'discomfort costs'?

Im hoping all my issues will be cleared when i get the car back after 3 weeks at the dealers.
As its now 4 months old I will need to employ the services of a solicitor if it isn't and drag the issue through County Court.
They have taken the vehicle off me and left me hundreds of pounds out of pocket Every time I spoke to dealer/ finance company they kept on wanting a usage fee they couldn't understand/care they had not fulfilled their side of the contract by not giving me a fault free car!!! I gave them an offer to refund myfull deposit and I wouldn't bother about my 2 month finance payments (approx £1290) as I had used the car and wanted an early exit from this , then to my amazement they wanted a usage fee of £1000 off my deposit as well On return of vehicle the dealer even took £50 off for a minute scratch on an alloy
 
G

·
Many thanks for the update

My rejection notice has just started ... I totally regret the day I walked into a Jaguar dealer .. never .. never again
My solicitor has seen my case .. seen the youtube links and seen my letters that I have sent to the finance company and the dealer. They seem to think I have a very strong case and will pursue costs from the dealer.

I will not let this drop now ... plus I have cancelled my wife's f pace order with great pleasure
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Im hoping all my issues will be cleared when i get the car back after 3 weeks at the dealers.
As its now 4 months old I will need to employ the services of a solicitor if it isn't and drag the issue through County Court.[/quote]

They have taken the vehicle off me and left me hundreds of pounds out of pocket Every time I spoke to dealer/ finance company they kept on wanting a usage fee they couldn't understand/care they had not fulfilled their side of the contract by not giving me a fault free car!!! I gave them an offer to refund myfull deposit and I wouldn't bother about my 2 month finance payments (approx £1290) as I had used the car and wanted an early exit from this , then to my amazement they wanted a usage fee of £1000 off my deposit as well On return of vehicle the dealer even took £50 off for a minute scratch on an alloy[/quote]

As you state that you purchased your car on finance, you may find that the finance company register you as in default. This could result in difficulty in obtaining credit at a future date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
That is absolutely not the case! The finance is cleared and is never in default. Russell you must know that in your profession so why scaremonger unnecessarily???
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Russell said:
As you state that you purchased your car on finance, you may find that the finance company register you as in default. This could result in difficulty in obtaining credit at a future date.
Not sure why you would be in default as the fiancial side has been paid off with the return of the car minus fees, no different from taking your car in and part x against another vehicle, the finance is paid off and what's left is your trade in, so as they wanted 2290 pounds that would be in there eyes the balance from the vehicle value to what's owed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Kaspa said:
Many thanks for the update

My rejection notice has just started ... I totally regret the day I walked into a Jaguar dealer .. never .. never again
My solicitor has seen my case .. seen the youtube links and seen my letters that I have sent to the finance company and the dealer. They seem to think I have a very strong case and will pursue costs from the dealer.

I will not let this drop now ... plus I have cancelled my wife's f pace order with great pleasure
You have just started your rejection of an XE, not an F-Pace. This "rejection process" is not straightforward and full of difficulties.

Cancelled your wife's F-Pace, really?? :cry:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Russell said:
Kaspa said:
Many thanks for the update

My rejection notice has just started ... I totally regret the day I walked into a Jaguar dealer .. never .. never again
My solicitor has seen my case .. seen the youtube links and seen my letters that I have sent to the finance company and the dealer. They seem to think I have a very strong case and will pursue costs from the dealer.

I will not let this drop now ... plus I have cancelled my wife's f pace order with great pleasure
You have just started your rejection of an XE, not an F-Pace. This "rejection process" is not straightforward and full of difficulties.

Cancelled your wife's F-Pace, really?? :cry:
But as proven time and again it can be done Mike sorry meant Russell ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Russell said:
JLRnumber5 said:
That is absolutely not the case! The finance is cleared and is never in default. Russell you must know that in your profession so why scaremonger unnecessarily???
Really, it doesn't look like the finance issue has been resolved.
Have you anymore useful info?? Like how to loose friends ,heard your good at that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
JLRnumber5 said:
That is absolutely not the case! The finance is cleared and is never in default. Russell you must know that in your profession so why scaremonger unnecessarily???
Really, it doesn't look like the finance issue has been resolved.
Every finance house has a department dealing with breaking of contracts. If it's done properly and legally there are no ramifications. As a lawyer you know this Russell.
 
G

·
Russell said:
Kaspa said:
Many thanks for the update

My rejection notice has just started ... I totally regret the day I walked into a Jaguar dealer .. never .. never again
My solicitor has seen my case .. seen the youtube links and seen my letters that I have sent to the finance company and the dealer. They seem to think I have a very strong case and will pursue costs from the dealer.

I will not let this drop now ... plus I have cancelled my wife's f pace order with great pleasure
You have just started your rejection of an XE, not an F-Pace. This "rejection process" is not straightforward and full of difficulties.

Cancelled your wife's F-Pace, really?? :cry:
Hello Russell .. sorry yes correct the XE S has been rejected.. and yes I know I have a battle, plus I am still paying payments for a car I have lost interest in and don't use. The F Pace uses the same Tech so will not risk another big purchase with potentially the same issues.

My wife will now look else where which she is happy to do so so happy with that. My local solicitor seems very confident with my case so time will tell .. I am happy with a usage fee just to get rid of the car as soon as possible .. the car is faulty end of with no true fix being presented to me to solve the issues, this is my beef.

Bmw have already said they will discount my next purchase with them on the money I will loose on the Jag (there said it now) if I choose to go back to them .... BMW do have issues I know, but they just fix them.

My friend has just picked up a brand new Ford ST3 focus with Sync 3 ... every thing works as I have been in it for the last few hours ...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
The F-Pace is a great vehicle, petty issues like panel gaps, which to most other than the anal are no big issue and easily resolved.

I do believe there are certain individuals who have simply don't want the car, possibly speculators who mistakenly thought they could re sell at a profit, or simply cannot afford to keep the vehicle.
 
G

·
Russell said:
The F-Pace is a great vehicle, petty issues like panel gaps, which to most other than the anal are no big issue and easily resolved.

I do believe there are certain individuals who have simply don't want the car, possibly speculators who mistakenly thought they could re sell at a profit, or simply cannot afford to keep the vehicle.
Russel .. no this is not the case at all

I just want in my instance for the tech to work, it does not .. simply as this

I really want Jaguar to do well, this is why I purchased my car .. but they will damage their reputation if this carries on. Even the American sites have started to kick off. iF they fix my issues then great .. but this fix is not forthcoming currently

I really value your opinion Russell .. but please be constructive, I have shown my solicitor these threads on this site and she was shocked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
You might find this document useful, it is the guidance from the business perspective.
A long read but well worth it.

https://www.businesscompanion.info/sites/default/files/The%20sale%20and%20supply%20of%20goods_ALL_BIS_GOODS_GUIDANCE_SEP15.pdf

You can ask for a break down of usage , they have to supply you the exact figures, if not happy you can contest them.

A new motoring ombudsman is also available since last couple of months to sort out disputes such as this which saves the expense of a solicitor.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/consumers/make-a-complaint

Also worth noting according to which legal services , NO deduction for use can be made for the first 30 days!

"The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles where a reasonable reduction may be made for the use you've already had of the vehicle after the first 30 days."
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Been exactly in your position , I'm carless too at the moment .......looking at an f pace

:shock: :shock:
But I did get every penny back !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
I am somewhat relieved that others are now getting a taster of the difficulties of the "rejection process".

It is not at all straightforward and is quite likely to end up in the courts. Dealers are not in the habit of simply accepting the return of cars and returning the money! Most of the Jaguar franchises are owned by large companies and have legal teams on hand to deal with such matters.

Jaguar Cars will not get involved as your contract is with the dealer, not Jaguar Cars.
 
G

·
Russell said:
I am somewhat relieved that others are now getting a taster of the difficulties of the "rejection process".

It is not at all straightforward and is quite likely to end up in the courts. Dealers are not in the habit of simply accepting the return of cars and returning the money! Most of the Jaguar franchises are owned by large companies and have legal teams on hand to deal with such matters.

Jaguar Cars will not get involved as your contract is with the dealer, not Jaguar Cars.
Russell

that is a one sided comment

Customers like me who pay their wages are not in the habit of accepting faulty goods either ... that was the old day. Modern consumers know their legal rights and are prepared to fight for them

No company can survive without customers.. and do not underestimate the power of a truly disgruntled customer base

The first six months

If you discover the fault within the first six months from purchase, it is presumed to have been there since the time of purchase - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

During this time it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the point of purchase - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction - if you wish to keep the product.

No deduction can be made from a refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.

The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles where a reasonable reduction may be made for the use you've already had of the vehicle after the first 30 days.

If you'd prefer to keep the goods in question you can request an appropriate price reduction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Russell said:
I am somewhat relieved that others are now getting a taster of the difficulties of the "rejection process".

It is not at all straightforward and is quite likely to end up in the courts. Dealers are not in the habit of simply accepting the return of cars and returning the money! Most of the Jaguar franchises are owned by large companies and have legal teams on hand to deal with such matters.

Jaguar Cars will not get involved as your contract is with the dealer, not Jaguar Cars.
Not 100% true I'm afraid
CRC treat each case as individual, you need to call their support and get a case manager. Making sure you get a case number!
CRC participate in assisted purchase - to get you into another vehicle , they pay the dealer to offset your /the dealers loss in getting you into another new vehicle (jag in this case)
They also do assisted buy back , to support the dealer to refund you ....this is less common.

Not sure if this applies to finance , but certainly does with cash buyer.

I've had assisted purchase from JLR in the past for a Discovery that was rejected.
 
1 - 20 of 243 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top