Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several weeks of discussions with my dealer and Jaguar , they are replacing my car.

I have been told when built the car will be taken from the production line and given a thorough check over so it is 110%

Jaguar finance have been a great help in achieving this but also head of business at my dealer and a contact I have in the executive office have been understanding and driven through the deal.

·
Registered
887 Posts
A result I suppose FPTrevor, pity it has had to come to this.

Hopefully your replacement car will be all your rejected one should have been.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Well done for persevering Trevor .. I hope I am not going to have to follow in your footsteps.

Russell won't believe you of course, so you will have to post pictures of the new car when it arrives.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think there was a picture posted yesterday - it was having a nose job at the time!!

Perhaps I may be being cynical (or perhaps not) but is there a mechanism for tracking the VIN numbers of cars that have been rejected?
I am fairly sure that they will be spruced up, new software and then pushed out into the used market.
Not suggesting that JLR would supply them directly, but the trade might take a different view of it's history?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim said:
A result I suppose FPTrevor, pity it has had to come to this.

Hopefully your replacement car will be all your rejected one should have been.
I agree but S!! happens but I have been impressed with my dealer once he knew my feelings and he sorted quickly.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Why do they need to take the car off the production line and check it 110%, shouldn't every car be 110%.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Things should be done right the first time at the amount of money we have paid
My hand back begins Monday wish me luck and best of luck with your new car, I emailed the dealer before collection asking him to look out for bad shut lines and on collection there were 3 so quality control is 0 at factory and dealerships

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Ro66ter said:
Things should be done right the first time at the amount of money we have paid
My hand back begins Monday wish me luck and best of luck with your new car, I emailed the dealer before collection asking him to look out for bad shut lines and on collection there were 3 so quality control is 0 at factory and dealerships
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
110%, I think most people would be happy with 100%

At 110% I assume they will inspect all aspects of the car and then the odd bit of it a second time :D :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jim said:
110%, I think most people would be happy with 100%

At 110% I assume they will inspect all aspects of the car and then the odd bit of it a second time :D :lol:
Maybe the panel gaps would be a good starting point, even a short sighted person can see how bad they are.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's a good result FPTrevor, in fact it's better than good. Well done for sticking to your guns. I've got to say I was one of the doubters who didn't think it would happen. Just goes to show, wow.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Waynem said:
And it's grey :lol: :lol:
Actually, Trev's car is (or was) white . . . I know you like to think everything 'grey' is the very devil's own, Waynem, but in this instance you're wrong, grey has nowt to do wi' it . . and stop being so 'grey-ist' :roll: . . it's against the law y'know

(anyway . . those of us 'in the know' all agree, grey is the colour, 'ammo' is the game!) :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Great news Trev, hope the new one is not too far away, have they given you a timeframe?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
F-Pace S said:
Great news Trev, hope the new one is not too far away, have they given you a timeframe?
It is going into immediate production and will be available late November early December but I am out of the country nearly all of December so i have asked to swop on the 9th January.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am happy for you Trev. I have followed your story from the outset and I am glad you have agreed a decent outcome. And I get the 110% statement even if it's not one that you or I might use personally - we know what they mean as a figure of speech when they are providing you with this assurance.

Best wishes.

Arianne

1 - 20 of 30 Posts