Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello [email protected]

I'm in the US and am eagerly awaiting my F-Pace S later in the summer. I had a question that neither my dealer nor the Jaguar Concierge had an answer to regarding the F-Pace head-up-display (HUD).

I was wondering F-Pace vehicles equipped with HUD require a different windscreen/windshield. I have relatives who have HUD in other brand vehicles, and typically the windshield is treated with a specialized layer that optimizes the HUD readability. As such, it is a costlier windshield to replace and must be replaced only at the dealership.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi,

Jaguar use solar attenuating glass with cars fitted with HUD to reflect the laser image, these screens are normally heated in the UK also, I expect this windscreen (as we call it in the UK) will be a lot more expensive to replace than a normal windscreen.

I would expect mobile windscreen companies to replace these as normal, I suspect dealers wouldn't do it anyway as they wouldn't have the equipment and if you did take it to them they would only bring in a third party anyway.

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T19995/20835_en_GBR/proc/G1853220

·
Registered
453 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Hi,

Jaguar use solar attenuating glass with cars fitted with HUD to reflect the laser image, these screens are normally heated in the UK also, I expect this windscreen (as we call it in the UK) will be a lot more expensive to replace than a normal windscreen.

I would expect mobile windscreen companies to replace these as normal, I suspect dealers wouldn't do it anyway as they wouldn't have the equipment and if you did take it to them they would only bring in a third party anyway.

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T19995/20835_en_GBR/proc/G1853220
Yes as pacemeoff says its an infrared reflective and electrically heated windscreen, i had one replaced in the dealership a year ago but could testify to whether landrover did it or they brought in a 3rd party company, i do know the car was of the road for 4 days while they sourced the screen

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi rockhound76s

Thank you for your post.

I note your query and can confirm as mentioned by other forum members that vehicles that feature Head-Up Display are fitted with Infra-Red Reflective glass.

I hope this information is of use to you.

Regards

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts