Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I seen a thread a while back covering reg plates but the actual dimensions were not published. Can someone with the tapered back plate please be so kind as to give its dimensions. I'm hoping to try some places to get a cherished plate made before my f pace arrives. I'm assuming the front plate is standard size , can anyone confirm. Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Front standard white plate, rear is 527mm wide at top tapers in 12mm each side at bottom, top radius std to match front plate, bottom radius was from the inside of a roll of masking tape or STD size of sellotape. Height of plate was 150mm. Any plate maker makes a blank plate, carbon gel letters from www.signdezine.co.uk they do all 3D-Domed-flood or carbon Gel-Letters-Numbers come pre mounted onto a mounting sheet properly spaced, or peel off and space how you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi Gary, front plate is standard yes, and as yet I have not changed my rear plate as shape is odd, but want to...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great info Carl

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Those dims are horizontally across the straight angled sides so at the bottom it's at the top of where the large radius begins.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'd strongly recommend the gel letters either standard black gloss or carbon like mine. The 3D raised effect gives them an edge. Jagscat has the same size plates but he went with black gloss gels if you wanted to see those I'm sure he'd get a close up for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
12" X 6" back and front and 100% legal in the UK

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carl , do the letters come spaced as requested as i can not see an option to actually space them so as 1 strip arrives rather than have to place them onto plate 1 by 1. My spacing is technically illegal so not sure if they will make it up like that.

P66 ARY (proper)
P6 6ARY (my way)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
They would supply then mounted onto two clear mounting sheets per plate so one sheet P66 the other ARY. All you nee to do is draw a line in washable felt tip to level your letters on and just cut one of your 6's free and place it 'illegally'. They used to supply them totally separate before, pre mounting them is better for STD positioning, but if you wanna go for your own spacing it's no problem mate, as I say just cut the 6 free. ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
As Carl requested, mine are not completely.....Ahem...! legal now :eek: however,... look close and you can see the rivet has been placed exactly on the mid point,... errr officer, and apologies again for posting a dirty Ammo ( will be in so much trouble with the Ammo patrol...again :? :lol: :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Cheers JagsCat!! Catwoman won't be impressed with your filth!! Us Ammo club members expect more!!! Tut! TUT!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
<SIZE size="85"></SIZE>Hi this is an old thread but I note that the back reg plate is a smaller size to the standard sized plate. I am trying to buy and then get made up a personalised plate for my husband's f pace. I don't want 3d plate numbers just standard carbon . Can anyone recommend where to get the smaller back reg plate made? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try Jepsons or plenty on E. Bay. Jepsons supply the dealers and trade with plates,machines tape etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts