Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the usual £1000 down in February but am now thinking twice about this.

Does anyone know if the deposit is refundable?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I put a similar deposit down in March, but then cancelled at the beginning of June. They didn't want to give me my deposit back initially, but then I pointed out that I still hadn't been given a build date - and I could have just waited until the car (with it's £10k worth of options) had been delivered to them and then cancelled. In the end they relented and paid my deposit back in full.
Having said that - I am now regretting the decision to cancel and am looking to re-instate my order next week. Maybe if you are serious about cancelling, I could take over your build slot if the spec is still changeable!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was told when I put my deposit down it is fully refundable to the point of build order so hopefully you shouldn't have any issues

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was told my 2k deposit was none refundable. This might be because I originally put a 1k deposit down in January 2015 then, mistakenly in retrospect, cancelled in June 2015, so perhaps second time round they are more cautious.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My £1k deposit was fully refundable up until point of last amenable date. At that point I was asked for an additional amount up to 10% of the order value which was fine by me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't worry about getting you deposit back, just take delivery then sell it for more than you paid!!! This appears to be a trend.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Deposit fully,refundable even when car turns up, that's what I was told anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MDBAT said:
Don't worry about getting you deposit back, just take delivery then sell it for more than you paid!!! This appears to be a trend.
Every one I have seen for sale ends up selling for less than the purchase price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts