Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 Prestige and I want to fit a towbar. I only intend to fit a bike carrier to it and will fit it myself. I have seen quiet a selection for sale but I am looking for recommendations ideally for a detachable one with photos if possible. I have already purchased a suitable electrics kit which connects to the original wiring so it is only the hardware I am looking for.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got one for my Audi from PF Jones - they had a good selection on line. Have you got pathfinder for the electrics? or are you not going that far as its for a bike rack only?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you have photos of the towbar installed? I was hoping not to go down the pathfinder route as I will only be using a bike rack.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The one i got was for an Audi - but they did have a good range of detachable swan necks - you cannot see anything when removed - electrics move up out of site and the cut was made on the bottom flat of the bumper cover.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Keep the thread updated please once you fit the towbar. It's currently unknown if the towbar electrics are plugged in and the car not programmed with Pathfinder what exactly does and doesn't work. So which make of towbar you fit and your solution for the electrics would be very good to add.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased a 2017 Prestige and I want to fit a towbar. I only intend to fit a bike carrier to it and will fit it myself. I have seen quiet a selection for sale but I am looking for recommendations ideally for a detachable one with photos if possible. I have already purchased a suitable electrics kit which connects to the original wiring so it is only the hardware I am looking for.
Thanks
Witter every time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank for the replies.
I have ordered a bare towbar from Steinhof, as it was a fair price and like I said I only want it for a bike carrier.
I will post what happens when I fit it and wire in the electrical kit I bought separately if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
71 Posts
Thank for the replies.
I have ordered a bare towbar from Steinhof, as it was a fair price and like I said I only want it for a bike carrier.
I will post what happens when I fit it and wire in the electrical kit I bought separately if anyone's interested.
Please do keep us updated (y) I have ordered an Electronically deployable one with my car but not sure if it's going to be a sticking point in my build. I like you will only use it for a bike carrier, so interested in your result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts