Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the worst phone call to inform me the car will not be available to collect tomorrow as jaguar have issued a recall regarding suspension and will not let he dealer release the car. No idea of when they can release the car, jaguar will update the dealer on Monday. So pissed off its not funny. Anyone else had the call?

·
Registered
50 Posts
They finally recalled them all?
Mine in today. Dealer said they have to send off a report in order to get parts delivered. Recall should have happened right at the beginning.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I said to the dealer, I have known about this issue for 3 months but you decide to phone me the day before I'm supposed to be collecting my car!

Not a happy chap.

Worst thing is they don't have a solution yet, just we will call you Monday with an update.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup. Mine was at the dealer for 3 weeks before I collected it. Plenty of time to fix the issue. They assured me it was sorted. 2 weeks into ownership creaks started. Booked in and I asked them to let me know when the parts were with them. Got the call to take it in yesterday. Asked if they had the parts in. "No, Jag make us get the car back and run a full report. Only then will Jag ship the parts" Expect to wait about a week now. Not happy. This could have been easily sorted during the 3 week PDI

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's more jaguar than the dealer in some respects. I would like to know if all cars are now recalled or what's happening?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might want to change your signature!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahahah! I might just do that!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That is rather rude, especially as they have probably had it for a week or so, and could have done it before the deadline day....I assume they are lending you their demo or an F-Type between times to soften the blow....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might ask the question....

Just asked if blanket recall and they advised specific VIN numbers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
ok thats pretty annoying. I'm also due to pick mine up tomorrow and a call like that wouldn't impress as I've booked work and holidays around it and they have had the car a while. Also lets face it we have been waiting for a long time and of course are excited like a kid at christmas.

I really hope I don't get a similar call and I feel for you. Do you know what the fix is ? I've seen a number of things applied to my car via TOPIX and it said no outstanding issues last I saw. I will check again now and hope thats not changed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trust us. If you have the option of getting it sorted before you collect. It will be worth the agro and wait.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not seeing anything on topix. Could anyone else confirm?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just checked on Topix - nothing outstanding on mine, collecting tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Just me then!!!
Assuming therefore it's not a recall, and in fact during PDI they noticed you had the dreaded squeak? That doesn't bode well however for their previous statements that all cars built from July have the fix applied....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jasonfpace said:
Just me then!!!
Assuming therefore it's not a recall, and in fact during PDI they noticed you had the dreaded squeak? That doesn't bode well however for their previous statements that all cars built from July have the fix applied....
Email says....

It's a specific VIN range that is affected.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have you been able to check Topix to see if a recall is listed against your VIN? I know this is cynical but just wondering if the dealer is over-committed tomorrow and pulling a fast one....?! Which would be outrageous behaviour!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Jasonfpace said:
Just me then!!!
Email says....

It's a specific VIN range that is affected.
When was your car built? has been sat in the compound at JLR for a while before being called down by the dealer.....

1 - 20 of 145 Posts