Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I wanted to take as much opinions as possible about this, so I hope everyone gives me his opinion, I will receive my blue First edition F pace by end of this week, 2 months ago I was thinking about painting the rear and front Valance + the front air vents cause for some reason I felt its kinda looks cheap

Anyway during my visit to dealer found a customer who actually did paint these areas (he painted the front and back Valance in car color while rest in black) but my idea was to do exact same thing except painting front Valance in black while rear paint color(blue).....

here you can see some pictures of what I'm talking about, but keep in mind I'm thinking to keep the big middle air vents aluminum rather than painting it black like the rest.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hi TRX, I really like the top pic just exactly as it is, it looks really good! . . but why would you want to keep the chrome side vents?, they would look much better in black to match everything else. Also like your idea for painting the rear section, it looks especially good with the black outer part to 'frame' it. I say go for it! :p

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes looks lots better painted, I think the normal grey looks cheap, but keep full black pack.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I must admit I'm not a fan of the silver, but then I also think the painted sections shown above look wrong too. I can't put my finger on what should be changed, I guess I'll know when I see it!. Fair play to those brave enough to play around with their shiny new cars.

I think the exhaust pipes are too close together, that might be contributing to the weird look overall. The Macan has more pipes, which are wider apart, giving a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will prefer to have black contrast especially in white car, cause it's kinda looking too plain, as for the blue im kinda 99% settled on painting the back just like the picture I posted while the side doors chrome in black, but still unsure about the front.

I kinda feel making everything black makes it very aggressive looking so it becomes less beautiful, which is why I was thinking about leaving middle air vent edges in chrome while rest vents in black.....

For some reason I'm making it harder than I should to decide, maybe because it's painted so there's some risk if it ended up not looking good but I love taking risks in car :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
i wouldnt leave it silver, but then this comes from someone who ordered it black on black on black

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think the extended blue looks great. One of the reasons I chose silver without black pack (but with black side vents and wheels) is that - like cat woman said - the black rear valance frames it nicely.
If you like it - go for it. It would be (almost!) unique.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bonkers said:
I think the extended blue looks great. One of the reasons I chose silver without black pack (but with black side vents and wheels) is that - like cat woman said - the black rear valance frames it nicely.
If you like it - go for it. It would be (almost!) unique.
Yea I think I will go for it and make rest of things like a black pack while rear Valance silver portion in Blue surrounded by black like in picture, I think because the wheels are much darker than I thought it will be and roof rails and window frames also in black, it looked for me the silver is out of its place, the front kinda looks Ok but the back and sides not that good.

The only First edition where the silver portions actually fit is the Silver color FE, meanwhile I saw gold also in person and the silver makes it look very bad, if someone paint it black with Gold FE, I think it will look as good as the blue FE.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Your right - it looks cheap - sorry but it looks a bit run of the mill and very Kuga, Volvo, skoda every car.
The plastic bit inside rear door is another shocker

Only reason I went black pack was I didn't like the grey bit and cheap plastic looking front bits,

The white I think is better painted white but for me the black cut lines I don't like white as a colour. Some contrast is sometimes nice but the all white is better than that grey crap they put on,

I'm all for black pack or painting it. I'm not brave enough to get it painted and it's the time and effort, adding the black pack for me was just the easiest way but now I've got a black black black car,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So here is my car guys received it finally yesterday, thanks to all who gave me their opinions and based on that I did what I was thinking of and the car just looks beautiful actually even more beautiful in person......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Saw these pics over on the US forum, but couldn't comment on there unless I registered, which there's just no point me doing, so I'm glad you've posted them on here too TRX. It's got to be the best looking FE I've seen so far, it looks so good with the customised 'black pack' touches. Congratulations on getting your 'unique edition' car! :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
catwoman said:
Saw these pics over on the US forum, but couldn't comment on there unless I registered, which there's just no point me doing, so I'm glad you've posted them on here too TRX. It's got to be the best looking FE I've seen so far, it looks so good with the customised 'black pack' touches. Congratulations on getting your 'unique edition' car! :p
Thanks mate glad you liked it :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
I second that! It looks bloody fab! Well done

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks great well done. Would also look good all black or all blue
Not sure how the design dept said that looks great. Everyone else is doing it so let's go with grey across the board

1 - 19 of 19 Posts