Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've just noticed my rear o/s door doesn't align properly when closed. I first thought it was just a horrible design gaff but the n/s door looks fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Water Automotive tire


The photos don't really do it justice but I can get my finger in it!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
simonp820 said:
Hi folks,

I've just noticed my rear o/s door doesn't align properly when closed. I first thought it was just a horrible design gaff but the n/s door looks fine. Anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 1490
View attachment 1489

The photos don't really do it justice but I can get my finger in it!
Does the door catch look firmly in place? Perhaps it has moved? Surely you would have noticed before otherwise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Does the door catch look firmly in place? Perhaps it has moved? Surely you would have noticed before otherwise?
Yep - and door appears to close and lock ok. To be honest I've only opened that door a couple of times! I just noticed it whilst washing it yesterday for the first time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
simonp820 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Does the door catch look firmly in place? Perhaps it has moved? Surely you would have noticed before otherwise?
Yep - and door appears to close and lock ok. To be honest I've only opened that door a couple of times! I just noticed it whilst washing it yesterday for the first time.
Probably just shoddy alignment then, and poor PDI on the part of your dealer ... should be easy to fix (but unnecessary ... GRRRRRR)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
simonp820 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Does the door catch look firmly in place? Perhaps it has moved? Surely you would have noticed before otherwise?
Yep - and door appears to close and lock ok. To be honest I've only opened that door a couple of times! I just noticed it whilst washing it yesterday for the first time.
Probably just shoddy alignment then, and poor PDI on the part of your dealer ... should be easy to fix (but unnecessary ... GRRRRRR)
OK. Well it's going in for something else next week so I'll mention it to them then. Cheers!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
Yes I have an issue with my passenger front door on my first edition, going back to Jaguar to get it realigned in the next few days along with the other issues, seems to me that someone is rushing on the production lines and things like this that should never leave a factory floor are being missed and when Jaguar is meant to be a high profile manufacture I personally expect more and better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Yes I have an issue with my passenger front door on my first edition, going back to Jaguar to get it realigned in the next few days along with the other issues, seems to me that someone is rushing on the production lines and things like this that should never leave a factory floor are being missed and when Jaguar is meant to be a high profile manufacture I personally expect more and better.
Here, here !!!

Shoddy work is not going to do them any favours.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top