Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, obviously being male.... :? Here we go..... this should be interesting :roll: I don't tend to read the rectangular shaped box in the glove box..... you know.... the thingy of all omnipotence!!! the what's it.... the manual!! :lol:
Anyway.... I was driving yesterday at around 3 ish and noticed that my mood
lighting was illuminated...... on glancing in to a passing window front (posing) I also saw that the rear lights to were on but my light control switch was in the off position, so only the front led signiture lights should be on full power. When I stopped at the train station to pick up Mrs Jags cat returning from London and restarted the car only the front leds came on as usual and not the rears or internal mood ones!!! Any ideas?..... apart from reading the book ;)
Is this my first glitch.... to be honest I quite like the full power front leds and rears on at the same time,...when the conditions allow of course.
My wife has driven off now in F pace ( her RRE in again for brakes 6th time) and rears are back on , light switch in off position!!... any ideas??? :geek:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Try moving the light switch to the on off and auto positions a few times in case it's a sticky switch, I had this problem when I first got the car with the drivers window switch but moving it around a few times cleared up the issue, may work for you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Try moving the light switch to the on off and auto positions a few times in case it's a sticky switch, I had this problem when I first got the car with the drivers window switch but moving it around a few times cleared up the issue, may work for you.
You must work it IT, you just asked him to turn it off and than on again

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes rear lights on without headlights being on. Been meaning to figure it out. Might have a go today. I'm sure it's something to do with the ambient light sensor but not figured out what situation and configuration causes this.

·
Registered
441 Posts
All Jaguar models from MY 2012 have had J blade front Daytime Running Lights ( DRLs ) fitted,a legal requirement now on all new vehicles. Jaguar in their wisdom wired the DRLs so that the rear lights were illuminated as well when the ignition was on and the engine running. This has turned out to be a great safety feature because have you noticed the large number of cars now at dusk and in Fog not showing any rear lights because the DRLs are on automatically and the instrument panel lit up so giving a false impression all lights and rear lights were on. Ford car drivers are the main offenders as I have experienced in my Wife's B max where the DRLs only show at the front and instrument panel with the engine running so no rear lights but you soon learn after being flashed!!! Lights of course.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Humm.. just been into dealer from home, DRLs and rears on, switch in off position. Start again at dealers DRLs only, so god knows what's going on there.,..anyway I had a problem with the starting depress clutch pedal and not recognise me depressing clutch.... there are a number of updates needed... so JAGS CAT has the be booked in!!
Interesting that my wife's Ingenium RRE had a campaign carried out today also .. gateway stay awake module, battery drain!!!
Still was a good excuse to sit in a new F type and dream of next year!!! :| White with black roof , red with black roof.... ,matching grey with....SLAP..... :eek: :eek: :shock: oh sorry must have nodded off there :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hey Jags cat, I've not come across that problem with mine (..as of yet!) It does sound a bit strange, like you might have an intermittent fault on a relay somewhere. Let us know what happens after your car 'goes in' for checking.

This is the first car I've ever owned where the front DRLs and the rear tail-lights are both always on as soon as you start the ignition . . in the past I've had cars with just front DRLs illuminated when the engine is on, but never the rears as well . . but I like the fact the the FP does have rear tail-lights illuminated all the time when driving, regardless of whether the side-lights or headlights are turned on from the control stalk, I think it's a good safety feature, plus the slim rear LEDs look very sharp so why not show 'em off!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks cat woman,
Just confirms my suspicion that they probably were supposed to be on all the time? On another point is mood lighting on also during the daytime, or does it only come on with light switch?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ suspect it comes on at the same time as the Satnav flicks from day to night view. There's an ambient light sensor somewhere handling that stuff. Although as I passed Stonehenge on the day of the winter solstice last month at precisely 8.13am (which was scheduled sunrise) my Satnav went from night to day so I reckon it's triggered by Pagan rituals too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jags cat said:
Thanks cat woman,
Just confirms my suspicion that they probably were supposed to be on all the time? On another point is mood lighting on also during the daytime, or does it only come on with light switch?
They come on if your head lights are on. Either switch on via Auto (sensor) or manually switched on. At least that's what the Handbook says, as well as :-

All of the interior lights, except for the glovebox and the vanity mirror lights, illuminate automatically when the vehicle is unlocked, or a door is opened. The lights extinguish approximately 20 seconds after all of the doors are closed, or when the vehicle is locked.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks JLR 5.... now I keep playing that secne in my head from dragnet movie with Tom hanks and Dan Akroyd kicking thier legs up in goat skin leggings :lol: :lol:
There she goes again :roll: ... reading the manual..., and making the guys look stupid again!!! :? :lol: :lol: thanks

·
Registered
688 Posts
Gdank said:
All of the interior lights, except for the glovebox and the vanity mirror lights, illuminate automatically when the vehicle is unlocked, or a door is opened. The lights extinguish approximately 20 seconds after all of the doors are closed, or when the vehicle is locked.
agree, the mood lighting only when the headlights are active

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ do they have to be active? Or is it controlled by the ambient light sensor? What I mean by this is if you have the headlights in the off position rather than auto, the ambient light sensor is still working. It controls (among other things) whether the satnav is in day or night mode. Pretty sure my door trim lights are activated by the sensor (i.e. they come on even if the headlights are in the off position) but will check.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My headlights are on auto so not tried with the headlights set to off.. one for tonight!

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is an automatic feature for your lights to come on when the daylight levels require is there not? Excuse me not knowing as I do not own an F-Pace (yet).

I keep my Audi lights on automatic the entire time that ensures the DLR are always on and secondly the headlights kick in as and when according to the ambient lighting. The only time I have had to override to force them to come on was in day time fog.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The DLRs front and rear come on irrespective of the sidelight/headlight switch position, my car was in last weak for patch 2.5 and another strange internal panel alignment problem i noticed. When i picked car up got it home in daylight then went out later in the eve got in not realising the garage had turned the lights from auto to off, i drove down the road thinking something was strange but didnt click till i had picked my son up and he said the mood lighting wasnt on but said all other lights were, on switching lights from off to auto headlights and mood lights came on. So guessing Front and rear DLRs on when ignition is on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts