Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my F Pace now for about 6 weeks and enjoying the SUV. I seem to have one issue. The rear boot hatch door when closed is a tighter fit on the left side on the bottom curve line compared to the right side which has a bigger gap line in the opposite place. Looking at 5 more f pace SUV's, in the dealer car park. They all were different and not even. I was told that Jaguar are aware of the problem and a solution is due to come out to the dealers. Does any one know when, as I really do not want a Body shop guessing and playing around. However it needs to be corrected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
My boot was scuffing near the catch when it closed so I had it in for adjustment - it's ok now but the service manager said the hinge bolts were loose and were probably like this from factory :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
This is a known problem, a lot on here with similar, all dealers should be aware by now, get it booked in for a fix ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Same problem here. At garage now for past 2 weeks. No fix for it I've been told. Had an XE for nearly two weeks and its shall we say 'small' having two kids. They have rang to say they are putting me in something bigger car wise as there is no fix. They have had to replace interior trim as that was trashed and spray the bumper as its been rubbing the paintwork. Not happy. Poor quality of vehicle and there is several panels on my f pace out of alignment including doors, bonnet etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Same here, well know problem.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,060 Posts
Poor panel alignment unfortunately is not a new issue with the Fpace, I had it with mine when I got it but my dealer was great and got it sorted for me, I am sure it will be resolved but as said on many threads before they just should not be like this, I know everything today is made on a robot production line but where is the human eye and feel to say something is not right, seems the future in car production is not better then the past when people who built the cars had pride in there work.

Can not go upto a robot and say are you proud of your work today.

If it could answer it would leak its fluid in shame.

Just wish Jaguar would take notice of us customers and do something about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
DPE said:
I have had my F Pace now for about 6 weeks and enjoying the SUV. I seem to have one issue. The rear boot hatch door when closed is a tighter fit on the left side on the bottom curve line compared to the right side which has a bigger gap line in the opposite place. Looking at 5 more f pace SUV's, in the dealer car park. They all were different and not even. I was told that Jaguar are aware of the problem and a solution is due to come out to the dealers. Does any one know when, as I really do not want a Body shop guessing and playing around. However it needs to be corrected.
Good morning DPE,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your concerns and would be more than happy to investigate this further for you. In order for me to do so, can you please kindly provide your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I have PM to you
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Why all the fuss, it is an easy adjustment that should take your dealer no more than 30 minutes to adjust. Why would you accept a car with a rear hatch rubbing, Did you not inspect the car at the time of collection?

It is your dealers responsibility to check the vehicle and make the necessary adjustments prior to delivery, its called a PDI, the same goes for the front bumper alignment, oh that takes all of 10 minutes.

Blame your dealer not JLR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
the same goes for the front bumper alignment, oh that takes all of 10 minutes.

Blame your dealer not JLR
Not true. First attempt on mine didn't work as there was not enough tolerance in the adjustments to compensate for the 1cm differ for across the bonnet line. Had to be booked back into a body shop who had to remove the whole front end and correct the fixings. It was a manufacturing defect not a simple dealer adjustment. It took two visits across 2 weeks and the final work was 6 hours.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
I am shocked to hear that.

My vehicle is a 3.0D R Sport, not available in UK. I preferred the front air dams without the cross bar, so I ordered the new parts and took them to my local bodyshop for fitment. They removed the entire front end in around 10 minutes, replaced the two air dams and the refitted the front section in 20 minutes. The entire job took less than 1 hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
I am shocked to hear that.

My vehicle is a 3.0D R Sport, not available in UK. I preferred the front air dams without the cross bar, so I ordered the new parts and took them to my local bodyshop for fitment. They removed the entire front end in around 10 minutes, replaced the two air dams and the refitted the front section in 20 minutes. The entire job took less than 1 hour.
Removal and reassembly wasn't the issue. Adjusting the mountings was the problem. First attempt didn't give them the tolerance they needed.

Also the realigned drivers door has already started to work its way back. This one is relatively minor though. If the bonnet/bumper holds it current line I will be happy.

Where I am a little less happy is where they had to remove the headlining it now rattles on the passenger side.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Again there is no excuse for shoddy workmanship. A competent dealer should have the specialised staff to remove and refit headlining properly. I do know that if they have to get at the rear hatch hinges to adjust, which is not always necessary, they do have to strip out the rear section, still no excuse.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Unfortunately it is a common issue with most if not all brands, the common use of plastic PU sections.

They just don't have the stability of metal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
Sorry to hear that. Again there is no excuse for shoddy workmanship. A competent dealer should have the specialised staff to remove and refit headlining properly. I do know that if they have to get at the rear hatch hinges to adjust, which is not always necessary, they do have to strip out the rear section, still no excuse.
Actually you touch on a good point. I remember reading somewhere on Topix that if the headlining is removed it has to be replaced not refitted as some of the mountings may break. That could be it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
This is the latest issue with my car - being blamed for the continued creaking Ive had since new.

The dealer has had the car 4-5 times - suspension recall was initially blamed.

The problem comes after others regarding InControl and Remote Apps not working correctly.

Ive been booked into a 3rd party body shop and will be seeking assurances that the work is fully warranted and I have also logged a complaint with JLR today - starting to regret this purchase!

Oh - and £1500 for Pro upgrade and I cant do voice control on Sat Nav!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
My bonnet has now twisted out of alignment. It wasn't like that on delivery 2 months ago.

Given it needs to go in to get the boot mis alignment sorted, 2 body shop tasks in one visit - just a nightmare that the local Jag body shop is in a nightmare to access location.

Now only the non working dab radio to sort ! Oh, and the rattling glass holder in the roof
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Craw - try re-opening and re-closing your bonnet, giving it a good slam. I thought mine had done the same after I topped the washer bottle. I just hadn't closed it properly :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
laverick.sg said:
This is the latest issue with my car - being blamed for the continued creaking Ive had since new.

The dealer has had the car 4-5 times - suspension recall was initially blamed.

The problem comes after others regarding InControl and Remote Apps not working correctly.

Ive been booked into a 3rd party body shop and will be seeking assurances that the work is fully warranted and I have also logged a complaint with JLR today - starting to regret this purchase!

Oh - and £1500 for Pro upgrade and I cant do voice control on Sat Nav!
Good morning Laverick.sg,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the issues you have brought to my attention. I am however pleased to learn that your concern has been raised with Jaguar customer Relations.

Please do not hesitate to PM me should you require any assistance.

Many thanks,
Amellia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
crawfc said:
My bonnet has now twisted out of alignment. It wasn't like that on delivery 2 months ago.

Given it needs to go in to get the boot mis alignment sorted, 2 body shop tasks in one visit - just a nightmare that the local Jag body shop is in a nightmare to access location.

Now only the non working dab radio to sort ! Oh, and the rattling glass holder in the roof
Hi Crawfc,

Thank you also for your message.

I am again sorry to learn that you are also experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Please do not hesitate to PM me should you require any assistance at all.

Many thanks,
Amellia
 
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Top