Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is offered 'RAMP' scratch and alloy insurance with their new car just beware the small print.
Firstly, they only offer a SMART repair, usually from a man in a van, not a proper paint shop repair (no reflection on said man in van who's only doing his job). I've just had the whole side of my car resprayed by same man in van at RAMP's expense to blend in two approx 80mm diameter patches that were still quite visible after repair of two small but deep scratches on a rear door.
Secondly, you won't be covered for any repairs if any other vehicle was involved, i.e. any RTC at all, even if your car was parked up and unoccupied and someone reverses into it leaving a scratch; as I found out recently to my annoyance.
Thirdly, ''for any stone chips up to 3mm in diameter and 1.5mm in depth they will be filled and sealed to prevent corrosion, damage may remain visible'', as stated in their small print. Not great for an expensive, luxury car.
Maybe I should have read the small print, mea culpa.
I think I paid about £350 for 3yrs cover which seems good value but after recent experiences re the small print and repair quality above I won't be buying RAMP insurance with a new car again. I'll be looking for a more comprehensive and better quality 'scratch/alloy' insurance at a competitive price.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes a total waste of money I'm really careful with my alloys think I slightly marked 2 wheels in the last 15 years then for £60 or £100 ish for diamond cut just get them done myself

·
Registered
261 Posts
My experience is much better than that, ironically with the dealer SMART insurance offering which they price-matched against the third party quote that I got. I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts