Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, finally got around to finish machining the front mount for the R-sport decal..... What a pain in the ass too!! :x To design ,make and spray in gloss black, and to also make sure no securing screws or clips are visible through the grill... :geek: And NO... it isn't glued in case I wish to remove at some future point. :shock:
Also fitted a proper OEM one to the rear as most of the cheaper ones on flea bay are much bigger copies that aren't finished to the same standard.. So if your thinking of getting some... bear that in mind.
Next on list is calipers .... Red or black and then..... Taking out / replacing the bars on the intakes and having the grills painted gloss black along with rear diffuser!
Apologises for picture quality :?

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the the grill decal on the S, and also the R-sport ones used on the side grills.... If Jag won't accommodate any of the requests I would like included on my car... I have 2 choices! :?: Do it myself or lump it. We all have speced things different on our cars, this is no different don't you think :roll:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah subtle, and the same size as the side vents. Not sure about the moth splatter as they are usually flying faster than the speed I drive at... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engineers!!! We have to have our accuracy and order... :eek: :shock: Or there will be chaos..if we let others get involved :roll: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have you done the rear, like mine? Proper Jag badges btw

I have the front to do with the same badge but need to get to the back of the grille first.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sorry Jags Cat, I hadn't zoomed in on your tailgate so didn't see the badge!! I was thinking of carbon fibre wrapping the blades in the grille, front and rear balance and door mirror cappings??? I have an appointment with the guy who wrapped my vans to see what's possible.

·
Registered
453 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Have you done the rear, like mine? Proper Jag badges btw

I have the front to do with the same badge but need to get to the back of the grille first.
I have badges the same as that just havent got around to fitting yet, i think the larger R sport bade more in keeping with the type on the S rather than the same as the side vents R Sport.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
...I have the front to do with the same badge but need to get to the back of the grille first.
When you figure out a way to get behind the grille to fix it can you let me know how you did it, 'cos I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Reckon it would look good with the 'R' badge, positioned like the S models have theirs. I've seen front and back 'R' badge sets on ebay which seem good quality at reasonable prices. For some reason it never even crossed my mind to ask the Dealer to do it for me, but I bet they'd charge a few bob anyway.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
...I have the front to do with the same badge but need to get to the back of the grille first.
When you figure out a way to get behind the grille to fix it can you let me know how you did it, 'cos I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Reckon it would look good with the 'R' badge, positioned like the S models have theirs. I've seen front and back 'R' badge sets on ebay which seem good quality at reasonable prices. For some reason it never even crossed my mind to ask the Dealer to do it for me, but I bet they'd charge a few bob anyway.
More badges? You are going to blunt that performance. That poor 2.0 engine trying to cart about £50k of options and 1/2 ton of decals. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
catwoman said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
×2

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5.... You reckoned "More badges? You are going to blunt that performance. That poor 2.0 engine trying to cart about £50k of options and 1/2 ton of decals."

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
......well there is another badge. I think it was because I was never a Cub Scout so missed out on the collecting badges phase!

Catwoman: I spoke to the dealer and they said the rear bracket supplied with the grille badge they gave won't fit the F-Pace as its not designed for it. The S badge bracket is S shaped so that can't be used as a substitute. So I simply sanded off the plastic mounting fins to get the bracket flat, mounted the badge to the backing bracket and got out the superglue. You need to position the badge across three horizontal sections (at the bottom of three honeycombs) to give the badge even support since the honeycombs are not flat.

Then it's jobs a good 'un!!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts