Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day guys

From Adelaide, Australia. After looking through the picture gallery on this forum and getting ideas I am about to place my order for a F Pace R Sport with the following specs;

3.0d Twin Turbo Diesel
8 Speed Automatic
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Jet Taurus Interior

Options
22" Alloys Turbine 9 Spoke with Grey and Diamond Turned finish
Black Pack R Sport
Roof Rails Gloss Black
Interior Mood Lighting
Tow Hitch Receiver
Jaguar Smart Key System
Sliding Panoramic Sunroof
Heated Front Seats
Twin front Cup Holders with Cover
Rear Seat Remote Release Lever
Electrically Reclining Rear Seats
Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection
Sports Pedals Covers

Accessories
Splash Guards - Front
Splash Guards - Rear
Jaguar UV Sunshade - Front Windscreen
Luggage Compartment Partition Net
Luggage Compartment Rubber Mat
Flexible Luggage Compartment Liner

I have the option to choose for my F Pace to be built either Nov/Dec with delivery in February or built in January 2017 so its is 17 built and 17 plated with delivery in March. Im leaning towards a 2017 built and plated vehicle.

I'll keep reading these forums to get more idea what to look for at delivery but hopefully i wont have any problems with panel alignment etc, is there anything to be aware of on Australian delivered Jag's?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome, that will be a nice spec car. Does the 17 plate matter in Oz though?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi R-Sport and welcome. Very nice spec with lots of options.
I'm from Perth. My build commencement date is 14 October with delivery in January. I have been told, with my delivery date in January the car will be fitted with 2017 Australian compliance plates.
Not sure about Australian delivery issues but there was a good post by one of the lads a while back with a great checklist on what things to look for. I'll dig it up and send it to you.
Cheers...Wayne

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wayne, we are holding off on placing our order until Nov/Dec this year so we get a 2017 built and plated F Pace. Which means we will get the car March/April.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The deal is done, did a few changes to initial specs but ended up going with the following;

3.0d R Sport
8 Speed auto
Glacier White
Jet interior with Jet Headlining

Jaguar factory fitted options
Roof rails gloss black
Interior mood lighting
Tow hitch receiver
Jaguar smart key system
Sliding panoramic sunroof
Heated front seats
Twin front cup holders with cover
Rear seat remote release levers
Blind spot monitoring and Reverse traffic detection
Black out pack R Sport
Electric reclining rear seats
22" Double helix black
Loadspace partition net
Privacy glass
Delete powertrain badging

Genuine dealer fitted accessories
Splash guards front
Splash guard rear
Sports pedal covers
Collapsible loadspace liner
Flexible luggage compartment liner

Non genuine dealer fitted accessories
Tounge and towball

As we so close to end of 2016 I specified that I want a January 2017 built and plated vehicle as opposed to December 2016 built and 2017 plated. Now the wait begins, delivery expect April 2017.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No ITCP? Lovely spec but personally as a man with a working ITCP, it is awesome and really makes the car interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi R-Sport A,

Congratulations mate. Well done. Very nice spec. The Glacier White with the Black out kit looks absolutely awesome.
Went round and circles a few times with the tow pack option but decided it was the Mrs's car and she wouldn't be towing anything. Decided against it in the end.

Now the wait begins. It's a hard wait now that you have bitten the bullet. I find myself driving back past the dealer every couple of week to checkout if they have any new F-Paces arrived.

Not sure how many about in SA but I have only seen one the road here in WA even though the dealer said they have delivered more that a dozen.

Cheers...Wayne

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations I have same external colour choice, looks stunning and certainly turns heads. I've had mine since the beginning of August and have only seen one other on the road as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, so it appears we have come across a problem. We ordered our vehicle in October last year and it was to be scheduled to be built in December 2016. As we were not in a hurry we said, lets delay the build until January 2017 so that our vehicle is a 2017 MY17 build.

We got an email second week of January advising our F Pace was on the boat over to Australia, I thought that was early shipping for a 2017 build. I quizzed the dealer about our build date stating that in the contract it stated the car be a 2017 build and he advised 'yea about that'. I thought to myself you gotta be kidding.

Apparently JLR bought forward all builds so they can start building MY18 in June 2017 and our vehicle got built in December 2016 and not January 2017 and they didn't advise the dealer. I advised we wouldn't be taking the vehicle as its not per the contract, even though Jaguar Australia have said they would give us $2k off the price and free servicing for 5 years which is a bit of a slap in the face as we already get the free servicing on corporate.

My dealer has advised me that there are no production slots left for 2017 MY17 builds. So I am going to advise that we will just wait until MY18 starts production and we will take one of those in our specs. Is this a good idea?

Can anyone tell me what if any differences will be on MY18?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts