Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Once I have parked up, either straight in to a space or reversing, when I jump out, I hear a very subtle beeping (quite rapid) for a few seconds. Seems to come from under the boot.

Anyone else heard it or am I going mad... Wifey thinks it's in my head as she has not heard it yet, but a friend thought they noticed it in work the other day.

I will one day try to record it...

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
rsport_paul said:
Hello All,

Once I have parked up, either straight in to a space or reversing, when I jump out, I hear a very subtle beeping (quite rapid) for a few seconds. Seems to come from under the boot.

Anyone else heard it or am I going mad... Wifey thinks it's in my head as she has not heard it yet, but a friend thought they noticed it in work the other day.

Have you got the LED headlights?

If you have go listen to them and see if its coming from them after you have had the lights on.

I heard strange noises when i first got mine and found after the car was turned off the LED lights would make a noise for a period of time and was told this is normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pos.k said:
Do you hear other voices as well?
Just kidding - welcome to the forum...and no, haven't heard it but wouldn't be surprised!
I kept hearing the man in the show room say ICTP, but realised he was delousional too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
rsport_paul said:
Hello All,

If you have go listen to them and see if its coming from them after you have had the lights on.

I heard strange noises when i first got mine and found after the car was turned off the LED lights would make a noise for a period of time and was told this is normal.
Thanks, I will have to pop out in the morning and see if I can capture it!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
rsport_paul said:
Jagfpacejk said:
rsport_paul said:
Hello All,

Do you have LED headlights?

·
Registered
458 Posts
rsport_paul said:
Jagfpacejk said:
rsport_paul said:
Hello All,

You haven't by any chance "accidentally' shut the kid in the boot to stop the music?....good call!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
High pitched whine from front isn't headlamps, had it in my Evoque (adaptive Bi-Xenons) too it's just all the electronics closing down and discharging. The high pitched rapid beeping from the rear Jagscat and myself both have and it's been on the loaner I had too.....again something to do with shutdown procedures. You turn your PC off it doesn't just close it goes through sequences, same with our cars, the behind the scenes stuff has to go into sleep mode gradually. This is one thing I haven't complained to JLR about!! ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Have the same beeping. Last about 10-15 seconds after exiting the car and stops. Nothing to worry about

·
Registered
688 Posts
I can only compare it to a faint sounding version of the noise a home alarm system makes when you set it and have to leave the building before it arms!

Will try and record it tonight

·
Registered
688 Posts
Might move into the f pace

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jinjin said:
I can only compare it to a faint sounding version of the noise a home alarm system makes when you set it and have to leave the building before it arms!

Will try and record it tonight
Probably a relay or something, try having the boot open and start the car, of course do not drive but then turn the car off and go to the boot area, if it is coming from the side panel on the right as you look into the boot there is a bank of relays ect there, it could be coming from that area.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If it's coming from the rear fusebox area then I would take a closer look. Mine definitely doesn't do this and there's another owner on here who had an issue with overheating relays.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts