Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the wing mirror supposed to dip in reverse as mine doesn't and I cant find anything in settings to set it.

Thanks

Edited to say I've just seen another thread re this Doh!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Short answer - FE does not have this feature. It is only available if your vehicle has the memory seats/mirrors/steering wheel, which in most markets the FE does not have. Note that even in vehicles equipped with it, it only dips the passenger vehicle, not the driver side.

·
Banned
444 Posts
That is correct you have to have specified the memory option, which is ludicrous as the dipping mirror is pre set and cannot be memorised in any other position!

An O/S reverse dipping mirror is such a basic item that it should be standard on all versions, particularly as they only have a single pre set mode.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Can't help myself, I like to be fairly contrary (/controversial), so I'm gonna play 'Devil's Advocate' here :twisted: . . and I doubt it'll be a popular opinion, but here goes anyway . . . I just can't understand what all the fuss is about with auto-dipping mirrors!

Half the time I would find it a positive nuisance feature 'cos I like to use my mirros to actually see where I'm going when I'm in reverse, the other half of the time, if I need to see where the kerb is, I am perfectly happy to just alter the mirror position using the switch gizmos . . . press a button . . not so hard really!

No prizes for guessing, I haven't bothered to spec memory for my seats or my mirrors . . . no-one else is gonna drive my cat 'cept me, so what's the point? Oh, and don't try telling me re-sale value is the thing, 'cos I'm not really all that interested in what happens when I've already moved on to the next best thing in a few years time, and in any case I don't reckon my car will be worth any less if that feature isn't on it; don't try kidding yourself you'll get any premium back for stuff like that anyhow. But, yeah, I will admit a reverse camera is a no-brainer, so I wouldn't skimp there!

Jus' sayin'... ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Seen dip mirrors once - hated them, seem great idea until you realise mirrors are better for seeing what's around you and if you can't line up with kerbs etc with the reverse cameras then...:)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
Can't help myself, I like to be fairly contrary (/controversial), so I'm gonna play 'Devil's Advocate' here :twisted: . . and I doubt it'll be a popular opinion, but here goes anyway . . . I just can't understand what all the fuss is about with auto-dipping mirrors!
Do you park on a drive or in the street?

In my case (Central London) pretty much all my parking is on street. So i would have that feature over many others and I'm so used to it from 10+ years of other JLR products that it seems a weird omission.

And by the way as soon as you are doing above 5 mph on the Evoque they come back up to normal positon so it does not hamper normal reversing.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love the way my RRSport's dipping mirrors work, I didn't have them pointing towards the ground just a little lower than normal but the real genius is that they are speed sensitive, so as you come to a near stop they move back to their normal position and as you again reverse they dip allowing you to get the best of both worlds.

I hope my S with memory pack does the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.