Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my car following its new car detail from Chris Cooke at http://www.summit-detailing.co.uk/

Due to the car arriving a little earlier than planned, I ended up driving it around Cornish country lanes for a week before I could get the detail done, but no matter - as I am sure you will agree, Chris has done a fantastic job.

The work included

• Full wash and surface preparation
    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light paint coating
    Gtechniq Exo paint coating
    Gtechniq C5 alloy wheel coating
    Gtechniq G1 glass sealant
    Gtechniq i1 fabric protection
    Dr Leather dye block leather protection

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Vehicle Tire Car Grille Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the Acer the red one at the back??

As you can tell, I am no expert - so have done nothing special to it. I am in Bristol, so maybe the season is longer here??

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Done a very good job, it seems to me that more and more people are having this work done to their cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can I ask what they charge for all that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid £700 in total.

The initial wash, surface prep and Crystal Serum Light was £450.
The Exo (2 coats) was £100,
Wheels, glass, leather & fabric was the remaining £150.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all. Can I ask those who have had the detailing done whether it's actually worth it or is it a short term thing and then more detailing is required every 6 months?
I have seen a couple of you tube videos which appear to show the extra grime being lifted from the car during the detailing and treatment but is it really worth spending around £700 on a brand new car? What do the dealers do differently?

Sorry, only ever owned my RR Evoque which never had anything done but looks amazing inside and out after more than 3 years of standard cleaning every 2 months. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have to let you know in 6 months time as have never had it done to a car previously.

I can tell you that the shine is much deeper than the original factory finish and that the paintwork is much smoother too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few more pics that Chris Cooke from http://www.summit-detailing.co.uk/ took whilst doing the work - also shows a few areas of paint imperfections from the factory that he found and corrected as part of the service.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks great... no such thing as an ugly f-pace indeed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts