Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have seen other comments about the gloss black scratching -- this is always going to be an issue. I am also am concerned about the finish -- I was not overly impressed with the XE and XF interior fit, finish and materials for the sector they are in (and this is backed up by the reviews). I was hoping that the F-Pace would have put that right.

Were they production cars at the preview events or pre-production?

Interested in what others thought who have been to the previews. I can't go myself (no more availability) and there are very few pictures available.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to guess these are close to production, I can't see why these elements of the car would be pre-production standard.

The interior is pretty much a carbon copy of the XF, so I guess the quality level will be the same.

I'm off to look at a Macan at the weekend to make some comparisons..

·
Registered
948 Posts
^Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Macan, I haven't driven one myself but a business associate has one and is trading it in because of its harsh ride and what he classes as excessive road noise.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I reached out to my dealer and shared the feedback. He indicated that the cars that are being shown at the preview are all pre-production cars and will of course be substantially improved prior to production commencing. Lets hope he is right about that. Thanks for sharing Neil. Can't wait to see these vehicles in the showroom.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The black plastic in back door stays according to the jag people I asked.
On r-sport is the leather not real leather? Do any one know which parts are real. I paid 2100 euros for leather seats and assumed for that price that it was 100% leather.

·
Registered
154 Posts
BEPace said:
The black plastic in back door stays according to the jag people I asked.
On r-sport is the leather not real leather? Do any one know which parts are real. I paid 2100 euros for leather seats and assumed for that price that it was 100% leather.
Tarus leather (standard in the r-sport in the UK) is bonded leather which is explained here.

http://getcovered.vpweb.ca/Leather-vs-Vinyl-Mythbusters.html

"Bonded Leather
Bonded leather is neither leather nor vinyl. It starts out with real leather scraps that would normally become waste from tanneries. These are sent to a mill that grinds them into very small pieces. These pieces are then spray-glued onto the back of a man-made material. They make the back of the material feel like suede. When bonded leather is made with a good polyurethane material, it can be difficult to tell the difference between it and real leather.

A sure way to tell bonded leather - it does not come as a hide, but will be on a roll, 45-60" wide and sold by the yard. Only real leather is sold in hides. Bonded leather is far less expensive than real leather, but because of its real leather content, marketers can use the word leather in their descriptive materials. Some call it recycled leather or eco-friendly leather because the manufacturing process is more environmentally-friendly than leather production. But is it not leather. It is man-made and of much lesser quality than even vinyl."

Most leather car seats with a grain print will be bonded leather. I'm not 100% if the whole seat is bonded leather on the Jaguar or just the middle seat area. The basic porsche leather seat is bonded leather in the middle area and PU leather (vinyl) on the sides/back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interior material quality seems to be the weakness of the F-Pace, even in the First Edition... Windsor Leather seems nice but there is too much hard plastic, no real leather on the Dashboard neither on the top of the door, very small trim veneer, gloss black plastic instead real piano black...

Fortunatly, it looks stunning from outside and I bet the handling/drive will be first class.

·
Registered
57 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Did anyone on the preview event ask about the plastic cover on the inside of the rear door arch?
It looks awful........
The gentleman in this video is hoping it's pre-production but I'm think not
View attachment 198
+1

Was on the 2 F-Pace I've seen.. it's awful and not a pre-production thing... confirmed by ppl from Jag at the last Brussels Autoshow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.