Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - here's my 1st post, although I have been surfing this site for the last few months and found it really interesting!

A bit about me and my F-Pace...
Ordered my F-Pace 2.O R Sport AWD in White on 10/03/16 with a business lease broker, who sourced the car from JLR Peterborough.
Was told to expect a late August delivery however, had an email this morning asking if I want it mid next week....errrr YES PLEASE!
I'm 33, new to Jag, last 5 cars have been Mini Cooper, Merc CLC, Merc E Coupe, Audi S5, BMW 4 Series, which will be going to a colleague until the lease is up in mid October. Very much looking forward to my first SUV and the extra luxury of AWD incase of snow (never saw a flake when I had the Audi Quattro!!).

Now, i've just been introduced to this Qi wireless charging technology for iPhone. Stick a little pad on the back of your phone and place it on a charging pad on your desk - its ace. So, I'm thinking of buying a charging pad about the same size as an iPhone 6 and placing it in the storage area in front of the gear dial. My question is: how easy is it to get the USB to Micro USB fitted in so it all appears wireless? Any thoughts, tips, things to consider?
Another point - I've never liked having my phone tucked away in the armrest - does this affect its ability to connect to the "in control" system?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

·
Registered
208 Posts
Paul,

I am planning on installing a Qi charger there as well. I am going to run the USB charging cable under the centre console and plug it into one of the USB ports in the back seats (hopefully from inside the console so there isn't something sticking out into the rear passenger footwell). It should be fairly easy, but I will document what I do, in case you are interested.

·
Registered
245 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
Paul,

I am planning on installing a Qi charger there as well. I am going to run the USB charging cable under the centre console and plug it into one of the USB ports in the back seats (hopefully from inside the console so there isn't something sticking out into the rear passenger footwell). It should be fairly easy, but I will document what I do, in case you are interested.
Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Welcome!

So I'm guessing those of you planning to do this don't use your iPhone as a music source?

The sound quality on my RRE is great if I plug the phone in to the USB socket but lowsy if I use Bluetooth.

Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
208 Posts
IPhone is known for making audio over bluetooth sound tragic. It is a ploy to make people choose their AirPlay standard over bluetooth streaming, and is why it took them so long to grudgingly allow bluetooth streaming via iPhones at all. If you have an Android device you are all right ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YVR_Pacer - thanks for your reply.
Yes, please do keep me posted on progress. It will be at least another week or so before I attempt to do it. All info really appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You will beat me to it then - My F-Pace doesn't arrive until month's end at which point I will be doing it. If you try this first, keep us posted on here if you have any challenges, and I will see if I can weigh in. I have done this previously in my Evoque, so have some experience with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car just arrived. Very nice!
Simply plugged a little cig lighter USB adapter in to the arm rest socket and pushed the thin USB to Micro USB cable in to the lining of the centre console.
Perfect - looks wire free.
Picked up the charger pad on Amazon for £14 delivered from Ravpower.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.