1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
F-pace P400e SE R-Dynamic limited edition, my22, Italian Racing Red, 20” black
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

since two weeks I drive a F-pace P400e.
The car drives amazing - comfortable and fast when needed with the EV support.

Now JLR released Pvi pro update 3.2.0 and it kills my car! (Don’t update if you still can!!!!)

This are my problems.
  • no EV possible after engine started (EV light turns grey on the dash instead of blue)
  • no support from EV when drive on petrol
  • start stop seems to have stopped working
  • message EV temporary not available in display
  • have to turn off the car and restart to get ev working but it will fail when engine runs.

went to the Jaguar dealer they say there are no errors in your car.
okay but you see the grey EV sign on the dash yes but we can’t fix it now. Sorry

i found on the internet the predicted travel option in the nav could be the problem so turn it off but no result.

anybody else experiencing the same problems?

JLR fix this bug asap

thanks
Jaguar139

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also running 3.2.0. but no such issue….however…every so often since I bought a year ago, the car won’t go into EV mode when you expect it to usually. Lasts a couple of trips then all is fine.
No issue for me and reading the Net with other PHEVs, I put it down to the fact that the engine has to run every now and then for a time, so if you do drive mostly solely on EV, that seems plausible to me….
Maybe a sort of answer….

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,

since two weeks I drive a F-pace P400e.
The car drives amazing - comfortable and fast when needed with the EV support.

Now JLR released Pvi pro update 3.2.0 and it kills my car! (Don’t update if you still can!!!!)

This are my problems.
  • no EV possible after engine started (EV light turns grey on the dash instead of blue)
  • no support from EV when drive on petrol
  • start stop seems to have stopped working
  • message EV temporary not available in display
  • have to turn off the car and restart to get ev working but it will fail when engine runs.

went to the Jaguar dealer they say there are no errors in your car.
okay but you see the grey EV sign on the dash yes but we can’t fix it now. Sorry

i found on the internet the predicted travel option in the nav could be the problem so turn it off but no result.

anybody else experiencing the same problems?

JLR fix this bug asap

thanks
Jaguar139

The Evoque forum has a separate section devoted to Hybrid models and from what I have read it is not uncommon for EV mode to be temporarily unavailable after a software update. You may find this article has some useful information;
P300e - A few pointers to look out for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don’t have the 3.2.0 version yet, but the release notes for 3.0.0 displayed in Settings > Software Update includes this paragraph:

“PHEV only: Following this update, as part of
your vehicle's self-learning capability, some
of your EV functionality may be temporarily
unavailable while your vehicle adjusts to the
new software. Software updates require at
least 25% battery charge”.

Perhaps the 3.2.0 upgrade has similar behaviour, as it resets settings or recalibrates battery information or whatever it needs to do?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Also running 3.2.0. but no such issue….however…every so often since I bought a year ago, the car won’t go into EV mode when you expect it to usually. Lasts a couple of trips then all is fine.
No issue for me and reading the Net with other PHEVs, I put it down to the fact that the engine has to run every now and then for a time, so if you do drive mostly solely on EV, that seems plausible to me….
Maybe a sort of answer….
For the moment I have a P400e Range Rover, that has the same issue. I charge it every time after driving, and expect to do BEV-only where I live, to avoid wear of the ICE and excessive pollution from cold starts. No such luck : it appears to be random. Even the next day after a long trip, it starts as an ICE, runs two minutes and carries on as a BEV. Then, for some time, it does only do BEV on short trips, 3-4 km rides and stops.
Most bewildering was in march. I stayed in a hotel in the Algarve. Free charging. I charged every day and made short trips. In 3 weeks it started only once when I reversed up a steep hill and the required power level went up high.

The RR will be returned to the dealer for a unsolvable problem with the USB/SIM/BT unit : no 4G or USB (music..) or BT connection, or all of them dead. The unit has been replaced, the firmware wiped and rewritten to avoid fouling by OTA glitches.. .. to no avail.

So after leaving this forum in 2020 (25t), I am back after just today buying a P400e F-Pace.. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 days later it seems that the EV comes back up again also after driving petrol.
Not like before but we have progress.

maybe it is self learning but sometimes grey EV and sometimes normal blue EV Sign.
There is a bug for sure.

The Jaguar dealer is also looking into to the problem.

il keep you posted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had an update, last Saturday and hybrid mode was a bit erratic. There seems to have been an auto update today (I didn’t elect to download or install) and normality seems to have returned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had an update, last Saturday and hybrid mode was a bit erratic. There seems to have been an auto update today (I didn’t elect to download or install) and normality seems to have returned.
Thanks Steve - I will have a look(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the update Steve wrote about but this was not related to the EV mode.
One week later the car drives almost as normal again.
(I think it is really self learning software)

Only when cold the engine is not running very smooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts