Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just joined the site as looking to see if anyone else is having problems with the entertainment system on their f pace.

Mine won't play CDs then states there is no CD in the player and won't eject until the car has been switched off and left. It's exactly the same with DVDs, although it did play a DVD and the screen went black just totally off until the car was switched on and off again.

I have rang the dealer, who initially refused to provide a courtesy car they have since found one but they have also refused to drop off pick up the car which I had thought Jaguar can do? (They have always done this with my parents Jaguars)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to say we have massive problems with the entertainment system playing from an I phone it never updates the tracks on the screen...also the rear view camera won't come on unless parked yet the test drive model did do this.. And their is a burning smell coming from the engine....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
CD issues I can cope with, but iphone connectivity is needed. Argh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
I saw the CD player issue on Topix, known fault, no fix yet and dealers told not to replace hints as it won't fix the problems.The ICTP stuff is more common and looks like a new program out at some point this month.
Hopefully by October they have nailed the issues for everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
F-Pace S said:
CD issues I can cope with, but iphone connectivity is needed. Argh.
What sort of problems you getting here, seen some people turn engine off and back on to connect,
I've said I had no issues but actually yesterday as rushing to get back I noticed the phone hadn't connected, not sure why and did t have time to try and sort. We stopped for petrol and of course it all came back as soon as I started up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
There are similar issues with importing MP3's off a USB stick which I've also highlighted to my dealer (managed to put 16 MP3's on a memory stick; as soon as I added more to the USB stick the system did not recognise the USB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
F-Pace S said:
CD issues I can cope with, but iphone connectivity is needed. Argh.
What sort of problems you getting here, seen some people turn engine off and back on to connect,
I've said I had no issues but actually yesterday as rushing to get back I noticed the phone hadn't connected, not sure why and did t have time to try and sort. We stopped for petrol and of course it all came back as soon as I started up.
Not got it yet, just saying I can cope with no cd's but I need to connect phone to talk and send music via Bluetooth...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Mbadger77 said:
F-Pace S said:
CD issues I can cope with, but iphone connectivity is needed. Argh.
What sort of problems you getting here, seen some people turn engine off and back on to connect,
I've said I had no issues but actually yesterday as rushing to get back I noticed the phone hadn't connected, not sure why and did t have time to try and sort. We stopped for petrol and of course it all came back as soon as I started up.
Not got it yet, just saying I can cope with no cd's but I need to connect phone to talk and send music via Bluetooth...
Please don't send music via Bluetooth! Unless you've bought the basic audio system. The meridian needs decent source music so plug your phone into the USB socket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Agreed

Connect phone by cable for music. Hands free over Bluetooth and phone fine of course
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
I have a driveline vibration when accelerating between 68 and 72 MPH which can be felt through the steering wheel and the drivers seat. Dealer service manager has driven the car and agrees and will report to Jaguar technical in search of a solution. I must admit I am not confident that they will come back with anything posative given their track record of solving recent F Pace and XE problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
F-Pace S said:
Mbadger77 said:
Please don't send music via Bluetooth! Unless you've bought the basic audio system. The meridian needs decent source music so plug your phone into the USB socket.
Not sure what it does yet. Currently in the BMW, I use bluetooth for talking, and have an iPod with music on plugged into usb. Are we saying this will work in the Jag? I have ordered ITCP BTW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Perfect. Keep media on the cable via USB and your Bluetooth on the phone for making calls :)
I'm still working out best way to manage and browse the iPod / iPhone while on go as a few ways you can do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
I don't mean to 'whinge' but this is why I hijacked so many threads to stop these poor bastards coming on asking 'anyone got ICTP problems??' I do struggle with lack of research and fully expected mine to go boobs up and it has big time. Just a little frustrating when I get accused of moaning yet we still get people appearing on here unaware the ICTP had issues! :shock: :roll: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Maybe it's worth the mods 'stickying' the thread on ICTP problems to make it easier to find for new comers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Regarding the iPhone issue I was told that the most recent iPhone update may be causing the connectivity issues. My wife has the update and has problems connecting, I don't have the update and appear to have no issues. When speaking to the dealer about he said it was an Apple issue and we would need to wait for a new update!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I changed cable and my phone connectivity issues went away.
genuine apple? if not could you link me please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
stato said:
Regarding the iPhone issue I was told that the most recent iPhone update may be causing the connectivity issues. My wife has the update and has problems connecting, I don't have the update and appear to have no issues. When speaking to the dealer about he said it was an Apple issue and we would need to wait for a new update!
I've used the iPhone a fair bit and not had an issue at all. I've got latest patch and used previous patch in it as well.
Use a proper apple lightning to USB cable of,course - never use a third party one anywhere I'd say as a rule. Not worth it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top