Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a car with privacy glass before. My question is: does privacy glass reduce glare/provide shade for the back seat occupants, as well as reduce light and obviously provide privacy?

The reason I ask is I have a three year old and on a bright sunny day the thought of a screen with teddy bears/peppa pig or whatever suction cupped to the back windows probably wont complement the overall look of the car if you get what I mean :cool:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Currently have privacy glass on my current car and as much as it reduces some of the light it was no where near enough to shield the spog so had to get a internal bind.

the tint of the F-Pace does seem darker though so could be better.. will look good with the 22" wheels and the drug dealer look my car has now got :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
ASM33 said:
Never had a car with privacy glass before. My question is: does privacy glass reduce glare/provide shade for the back seat occupants, as well as reduce light and obviously provide privacy?

The reason I ask is I have a three year old and on a bright sunny day the thought of a screen with teddy bears/peppa pig or whatever suction cupped to the back windows probably wont complement the overall look of the car if you get what I mean :cool:
Why not get the Jag sunblinds in the accessories section?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Range Rover (and by association Jaguar presumably) privacy glass is the darkest I have seen/ would want. It's almost limo-spec on the outside but lets plenty of light in from the inside. That said, it does diffuse sunlight very well and was one of the first things I optioned having a 4-year old child and an Evoque with privacy for the last 4 years. You'll spend more time closing the blind on the pan roof then worrying about light from the side.

Not a big fan of sunblinds either certainly would not advise retro-fitting window tint if you decide not to spec privacy and regret it later. There are a lot of cowboys out there!

Plus, from a purely cosmetic point of view I can't imagine your spec without privacy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We have very dark privacy glass on our campervan - you can see out but you can't see in.... if the sun is at such an angle that its shining directly through the window, even the darkest privacy glass won't diffuse it enough to not be a bother. Having said that, it does help a lot and is way better than a Kiddicare blind on a F Pace and I have ordered it for that very reason :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Genuine question, not having kids myself, are they like vampires or something?
haha - no, but they (well, mine) moan and whine when they have the sun in their eyes and you can't shut them up until it stops :lol:

I kinda understand it as, in the front, you simply pull the visor down but, in the back, this isn't possible if the sun is shining thru the side windows and small people are generally sitting lower in the seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
What tends to happen is, if you forget to stick the blind on and they fall asleep on a one hour journey on even an averagely sunny day, they wake up looking a bit burnt :oops:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
ASM33 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
What tends to happen is, if you forget to stick the blind on and they fall asleep on a one hour journey on even an averagely sunny day, they wake up looking a bit burnt :oops:
Ah ok and then the next thing is social services knock on the door .. ok I get it now ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally don't believe in privacy glass, waste of money. What would you be doing in the rear of the car, that you would need privacy glass?
When you take your child out of the car, it's still going to be a bright sunny day. What do you do then?

·
Registered
688 Posts
for me its aslo a vanity thing, to me the dark tint on the glass is more in keep with the styling of the car.. but as always each to their own

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
But it looks odd because front side windows not allowed same level of tint. Hence I ignored this option, just my personal taste.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.