Votes: 8 25.0%
  • <t>Undecided</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming from an Evoque with privacy and by default have spec'd it on my F-Pace.

We all know the practical benefits but also a Range Rover without privacy (arguably) looks like it's missing something.

The First Edition, however, does not have privacy and that's got me to thinking; How many of my fellow F-Pacers have defaulted to ticking the Privacy Glass option box?

Comments and opinion welcome

Paul

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mondeoman said:
According to the spec for the FE in the brochure, the FE does have privacy glass - I am certainly expecting it!
Did wonder. I had not noticed it on the FE show cars.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have privacy glass on both my wife's and my own Evoques, however I am beginning to think it's had it day, as we bearly have anyone in the rear anymore.. Except the wolfs and we don't know anyone famous to take out discreetly.and the cars glass already have a tint in them so save your self a few qiud to go towards something you are sure you want !!maybe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Planning to spec this. I think it keeps car cooler temp-wise as well.

My 1 series has it. I like the look as my current car is Valencia Orange with black wheels, black grille and dark windows at the rear and back. Although someone did describe it as ugly kid glass ROFL.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I guess it all comes down to what looks right on the car. I am pretty sure black glass will absorb more heat / solar gain (or whatever the fancy word is for it this week), only the heat reflective types of glasswork to block heat the tint is only there to help combat the glare. Incidentally have you also specified a pano roof because if you have the roof blind retracted on a bright day it floods the interior with so much light it actually negates some the extra dark tint in the privacy glass.... Something to think about , and only an old engineers perspective at the end of the day.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Plus the fact that on any hot days...( If we ever get any this year!) most of us will have the A/c / climate control on anyway and if that is working properly it will keep it nice and cool, these things are tested in the desert and very hot rooms don't forget!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree on the heat issue im an engineer also, the black absorbs heat acts like a solar panel that heats water up, you need infra red reflective glass like the front window on vehicles with HUD to reflect heat away. Also as fore mentioned i have a panoramic sun roof on my current car and yes the light flooding in does kind of make the privacy glass a lot less effective.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A Level Physics was a long time ago.
Never travelled more than 2 up in 1 series since test drive.

Anecdotal evidence is that the interior of the car feels cooler on hot days than other cars. Must be some other reason then?

Depending on body colour will probably still spec.

·
Registered
948 Posts
PaulC said:
We all know the practical benefits but also a Range Rover without privacy (arguably) looks like it's missing something.

Paul
Yeah the only thing missing is a drug dealer or worse still a Premiership footballer. :lol:

Which is why I've never ticked that box on either of my RRSports.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
luminated said:
PaulC said:

Paul
Yeah the only thing missing is a drug dealer or worse still a Premiership footballer. :lol:

Which is why I've never ticked that box on either of my RRSports.
:lol: :lol:

....still think a RR looks like odd without them though .... and I sell flowers for a living.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts