Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

1st newbie post .. we are thinking of ordering a 2.0d portfolio, we can not stretch to the bigger engines, we was going for another Evoque but changed our minds.
We have chosen silver with a few little extras (bigger front disks / config mood lighting / full size spare wheel to name a just a few)

Just hope the 2.0D engine is man enough .. the test drive was ok though

will keep you all updated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Kasap Again

we was thinking of going for the tan interior ? but abit marmite .. what do you think forum members

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi kaspa
i tested the 2.0 d portfolio yesterday.it performed very well,better than the 2.2d xf i have at the moment and the gearbox was a lot smoother.
your choice of colour is spot on,but like you not sure about tan interior but the black pack looks really good on silver.
i have gone for the r sport in i r red but i think i should have gone for the silver,to late now as my order has been pulled.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the full size spare robs quite a bit of trunk space (or so I have been told) if your just after it as insurance it might be better to spec the spacesaver wheel instead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kaspa said:
Hello Kasap Again

we was thinking of going for the tan interior ? but abit marmite .. what do you think forum members
I personally shy away from 'marmite' colour choices…sadly I guess, my choices tend to be somewhat tempered by what I think the next owner will want!....that said I HATE marmite, yuk!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello all

Ok we have 100% decided for silver ... black leather or grey leather, just can not decide as we always go for black leather .. help !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Curly

Yes we have seen that picture .. but for us the boot is still massive especially when used to the new 3rd generation mini and BMW z4 boot .. plus we get the full size spare wheel and tire for £350 is great value ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Curly .. no I have not but take your point, but would get the AA/RAC man to do it

But I don't think the hump is that bad ? but will have a ponder .... but thanks for the comments & input as its good to gauge opinion from others

regards

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Kaspa,

I would deffo go with the skinny wheel. I doubt a full size spare will add value 2nd hand and if you do damage one of your alloys, you can probably get it repaired for less/same money as the difference in price between the skinny and full sized wheel. The way I look at it is spend the extra money if and when rather than having it sit in the boot in all likelihood never to see the light of day. Further, I think that hump will annoy you whether the boot is bigger than your other cars or not - imagine trying to load a large item with that hump and the back seats down, it's just going to be in the way. £350 is only a bargain if you know you're going to use it.

I like tan (don't like Marmite) - go for it if you like it. I was going to change my config to storm grey and tan but was too late. I think tan would look really smart, I think it's the name rather than the colour that puts people off. You could call it Saddle or something!

I'm having to go with oyster now, which I still like because I like the grey dash it comes with, looks dead smart IMO.

Choose what you want, not what other people might think.

Welcome to the forum - it's VERY useful.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kaspa said:
Hello Curly

Yes we have seen that picture .. but for us the boot is still massive especially when used to the new 3rd generation mini and BMW z4 boot .. plus we get the full size spare wheel and tire for £350 is great value ..
Yes a full size wheel and tyre for £350 is a steal (especially if going for 22's) but the boot floor does become somewhat ugly and in my opinion unusable (as unsure what weight the cover would take!).....

I have managed to negotiate a full size spare for £350 from parts dept, and had the skinny spare provided as factory order - Much better if you can do this :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we have ordered as follows

2.0d portfolio (AWD auto)
Rhodium silver
20 inch Templar alloy wheels (twin spoke)
Jet windsor leather (black)
Jet morzine head lining
heated steering wheel
350mm brake upgrade
privacy glass
config mood lighting
twin front cup holder cover

and ..... da daaa .. the space saver spare wheel :D

Sept delivery on new reg .... just need to wait

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Congrats Kaspa!

Good choice too!

I like a 'cat' that can make up it's mind nice n' quickly :)

So, which dealer did you go with for your order, just out of idle interest?

Yep, like the rest of us, just got the wait now.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Catwoman

We went to Beadles Jaguar / Land Rover dealer based near Southend on sea ... other local towns Rayleigh & Leigh on sea

regards

1 - 20 of 34 Posts