Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There does seem to be a bit of negativity on here and I'm sure some of it is valid, but for a change here's a positive post.

Yesterday was the first time the roads had been dry enough for a bit of experimenting and playing.

So it was time doe the sport and dynamic settings to be switched on and abused.

I was very impressed with what happened, the car feels sharp and responsive - for a SUV - and is way beyond what can be achieved on narrow country roads.

The look on the face of drivers coming the other way were also a treat, as the were a bit amazed to see a vehicular iceberg heading their way and behaving like a sports car*.

Some more B-road fun and flowing A-roads confirmed that this is a very able car. Not quite on 911 levels, but certainly good to put a smile on my face.

The F Pace is a car that ticks a lot of boxes for practicality and allied to the sporting pretensions it becomes a car for all seasons.

Now time to start saving for a track day in it, that might be fun :D

Oh, and to give a bit of negativity because it wouldn't be an F Pace Forum chat without some, the car almost managed 15mpg while was having a bit of a playtime.

* All driving was completed by taking into consideration other drivers' safety and road conditions.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Glad you enjoyed yourself, have to admit the driving side of the car is very impressive for a large SUV and you just couldn't see another car of similar size and weight perform like you have found.

The 15mpg is low you must have been enjoying yourself ;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
15mpg means way too much fun ... I'm still running mine in so the lowest was 27mpg and a 45% drivers score! Must aim to get that below 10% after I've done 2k miles. :mrgreen:

On a positive note too ... I was taking mine out with the wife for the first time, and we went for a country drive .. I was going around a bend at 60mph and there was a large puddle in the road (over the middle of the road and about 10m long) ... for a second I thought about tabbing the brakes and pulling over to the otherside of the road ... but instead I thought what's the point of an SUV and kept going straight through it! :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Tim W said:
There does seem to be a bit of negativity on here and I'm sure some of it is valid, but for a change here's a positive post.

Yesterday was the first time the roads had been dry enough for a bit of experimenting and playing.

I was very impressed with what happened, the car feels sharp and responsive - for a SUV - and is way beyond what can be achieved on narrow country roads.

The look on the face of drivers coming the other way were also a treat, as the were a bit amazed to see a vehicular iceberg heading their way and behaving like a sports car*.

Some more B-road fun and flowing A-roads confirmed that this is a very able car. Not quite on 911 levels, but certainly good to put a smile on my face.

The F Pace is a car that ticks a lot of boxes for practicality and allied to the sporting pretensions it becomes a car for all seasons.

Oh, and to give a bit of negativity because it wouldn't be an F Pace Forum chat without some, the car almost managed 15mpg while was having a bit of a playtime.

* All driving was completed by taking into consideration other drivers' safety and road conditions.
What mileage do you have now?

I'm just at 4000 and it's still loosening up and getting quicker with every journey

I even did a little 0-60 testing yesterday (empty rural road) ... Dynamic, S gearbox setting, pull kickdown to hold in first, foot to floor. It shifts! Anyone know of a reasonably accurate iPhone app for measuring acceleration?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Tim W said:

What mileage do you have now?

I'm just at 4000 and it's still loosening up and getting quicker with every journey

I even did a little 0-60 testing yesterday (empty rural road) ... Dynamic, S gearbox setting, pull kickdown to hold in first, foot to floor. It shifts! Anyone know of a reasonably accurate iPhone app for measuring acceleration?
Mileage just short of 6k.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Anyone know of a reasonably accurate iPhone app for measuring acceleration?
Isn't there a feature in the dynamic menu to measure g-forces & acceleration... ? I'm sure I've seen something like this, clearly not tried it! :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaVolVoR said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Anyone know of a reasonably accurate iPhone app for measuring acceleration?
Isn't there a feature in the dynamic menu to measure g-forces & acceleration... ? I'm sure I've seen something like this, clearly not tried it! :)
Nor have I, but there's a challenge.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gdank said:
There is a lap timer but I didn't see a 0-60 timer
Off to find it :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thank you for this thread as, having ordered mine and looking forward to delivery on 4 March, it's great to read how magical this car really is. Having said that, I do think the balance of positivity has edged up on the forum over the last few weeks? Not that it's mandatory as people should be able to say whatever they want (providing it's respectful of others).

But thanks again, sounds like you had a great time. And I love your footnote. A different version would read "all driving was undertaken on closed roads and by a professional driver" - now you're talkin'!

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Gdank said:
There is a lap timer but I didn't see a 0-60 timer
Can not see the point of a lap timer as how many people will take it on a track, unless they expect you to have a lap of your area of course. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arianne said:
And I love your footnote. A different version would read "all driving was undertaken on closed roads and by a professional driver" - now you're talkin'!

Arianne
That will be applicable next year when I take it on the track ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ha I did that route and the extra from Dartford crossing... Duration 2h 58min, Avg speed 63mph (snap!) and efficiency (40.3mpg) distance was 177.9 miles!

When the A303 is empty its a nice drive!

PS was in October, and now can no longer see the route on the app, just the summary, do they fall off in time?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.