Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the test drives are coming through, some of you may be able to offer assistance in the dilemma no doubt more than me are facing - which derivative of 2.0 to opt for! I'm on the waiting list/deposit paid since late January and am looking for a September delivery - which I've been assured won't be an issue... Famous last words, I know!

I like the looks of the rsport and so far the ones I've seen in this guise are gorgeous to look at - but don't intend to opt for black wheels or the black pack which appears to give the rsport its lovely appearance....whilst I like the interior black red Taurus - I've been spoilt by driving an audi for the last few years in which the leather is top spec, not the Taurus hybrid leather in the rsport.

Therein lies the rub, I've specced an rsport to a roughly portfolio level - but cannot, as we all know, get the gorgeous Windsor leather in the rsport. The rsport has needed lots of extras to get it to the portfolio, which I assume won't be factored in come change time, whereas I guess the portfolio will hold more of its value as many of the items are standard spec on this model?

But will the rsport be the car most in demand in 2/3 years time - thereby offsetting the extras purchased....

Anyone else with the same dilemma? What did you opt/ go for and why? Answers on a postcard please...

I want the rsport but I want the Windsor leather!!!!

' you can't always get what you want'......

Can't wait to test drive - booked in 30 April - hope the 2.0 does the job and justifies the 46k total potential outlay no matter which guise I go for.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had initially ordered the Portfolio but when I seen the two together at Castle Bromwich I thought the plastic trim on the bottom of the doors on the portfolio cheapens the car so I changed to F Sport for that classier look.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My gut says the R-Sport is the one most will want even 2-3 years from now, this is after all a Sports Utility Vehicle. Of course you lose the smooth leather but in my opinion you gain the ability to have the two tone leather combination if you so desire plus the front design of the bumper looks way more aggressive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I specced an R sport up to portfolio with things I thought I needed and they ended up within a gnats whisker of each other. The only thing was, the portfolio came with keyless entry (wouldn't spec it but nice) better side mirrors (wouldn't spec it but nice) and the Windsor leather.

I too think the Windsor leather is nice and seeing that 99% 0f ones involvement with a car is on the inside I would go for the nice leather and (in my opinion) comfier seats.

I was the same about the plastic trim but now I actually prefer it. Personally I don't like that black or satin flash at the bottom of the doors. It's like the new Clio, I think it detracts rather than enhances. I know, each to their own. One last thing "the plastic" is not like normal trim it has a smooth, hard polycarbonate feel to it and is quite rigid.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also specced for the Portfolio but having seen it at the Goodwood preview event changed to R-Sport.
I did not like the exterior lower side plastic trim and also prefer the R-Sport front bumper design.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've had a play making the Portfolio as close to the visual of an R Sport as possible.

Not a lot you can do. It's a nice set of 20" Grey and Diamond-turned Venoms (as you said you did not want black wheels) and selecting a colour to disguise some of the plastics. In this case Ultimate Black.

http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3c3wp/a-20d-180aawd_a-crossover_jt5/c54h_h01ejet_jt5-1_pab_vsaw_z02p/jdxexterior.html

I quite like ii actually. I've also changed the headlining and veneers. The Portfolio is a cracking standard spec

·
Registered
948 Posts
I reckon it's more an age thing, the more mature person would probably preferring the elegant look of the Portfolio where as a more youthful person liking the sportier look of the R-Sport.

Technically I should prefer the Portfolio but I'm youthful at heart so it's the S model for me. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Paul C - I had dismissed black as a colour as I've had a few black cars over the years and fancied a change - but the black colour will diminish the visual differences between the two specs and give me the portfolio spec - just may have come up with the solution - anyone know of any portfolio spec cars out there in ultimate black - pics to share?

G

·
I had the same dilemma but I wanted the sport exterior so went for the R-Sport. And I actually like the jet/red interior.
I would have love the R-Sport exterior with the tan leather :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jj99 said:
Thanks Paul C - I had dismissed black as a colour as I've had a few black cars over the years and fancied a change - but the black colour will diminish the visual differences between the two specs and give me the portfolio spec - just may have come up with the solution - anyone know of any portfolio spec cars out there in ultimate black - pics to share?
Now then, I thought about this.
The lower trim is darker than ammonite but lighter than black in real life, so to merge the colours the best, you'll need Storm grey - that's only £1700 :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I selected the portfolio to get the keyless entry and other standard options. Then I added the In-control Pro, Adaptive Dynamics and Practicality pack.

I'm planning on keeping the FPace for at least 5 years so wanted what I thought was best combination of comfort and style. In 5 years I hope the car is more saleable because it will be quite a high spec car, just so long as things keep working that long!

The outside appearance to me is really good in all the pictures I've seen of all models, its damn fine looking car whatever the model, but its a personal choice so whatever makes you happy, and I've changed my mind several times but in the end interior comfort swayed me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have agonised over the same. I have had a Q5 S Line Plus for the last three years. The seats are sublime and the leather beautifully soft. I subscribe to the view that you spend more time in the car looking at the interior than you do the outside, so it's the internal spec that's more important,

Qualify and comfort of the seat is paper out, so Portfolio wins for me. Black Windsor leather ordered. THat said the Audi seat has the extendable squab, giving greater under leg support. You only get this with the outrageously expensive 14 way seat option.

Test drive in the morning

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the extendable seat squab comes with the 10-way seats, and 14-way adds 4-way lumbar adjustment and inflatable bolsters - which actually means they're 16-way (but don't tell Ryan!) My XF 3.0 DS had 18-way seats, which also added electric adjustment of the height of the head restraints

·
Registered
948 Posts
Stagman said:
I think the extendable seat squab comes with the 10-way seats, and 14-way adds 4-way lumbar adjustment and inflatable bolsters - which actually means they're 16-way (but don't tell Ryan!) My XF 3.0 DS had 18-way seats, which also added electric adjustment of the height of the head restraints
Correct, this is the only difference between the 10way and the 14way. It's been a few years since I last owned a Jaguar but when I did my XF moved the complete base of the seat separate from that of the backrest to extend the thigh support, is this still the case with their seats because I didn't check this out on my test drive.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
One single post, a hyperlink and an abstract reference to the thread's theme? I didn't bother even following the link!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Postby Stagman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Ric said:
I have agonised over the same. I have had a Q5 S Line Plus for the last three years. The seats are sublime and the leather beautifully soft. I subscribe to the view that you spend more time in the car looking at the interior than you do the outside, so it's the internal spec that's more important,

Qualify and comfort of the seat is paper out, so Portfolio wins for me. Black Windsor leather ordered. THat said the Audi seat has the extendable squab, giving greater under leg support. You only get this with the outrageously expensive 14 way seat option.

Test drive in the morning
Ric, just to confirm, I believe the 10 way seats do not have extendable squab under the knees, you need 14 way for this.

A chap on here has just realized this and has suffered with his leg position since buying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.