Votes: 28 51.9%
  • <t>22" Silver/ Contrast Helix</t>

Votes: 26 48.1%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after being royally pissed about on delivery date I learn I can still spec amend. It may alter delivery but I'm considering spending an extra £400 on changing 22" Grey Turbines for 22" Silver Helix (with contrast inserts) against my Dark Sapphire Blue non-black pack'd S

What are your thoughts fellow F-Pacer's? Worth the extra? The Turbine's do seem to hide the weeny brake disks a little better.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
So after being royally pissed about on delivery date I learn I can still spec amend. It may alter delivery but I'm considering spending an extra £400 on changing 22" Grey Turbines for 22" Silver Helix (with contrast inserts) against my Dark Sapphire Blue non-black pack'd S

What are your thoughts fellow F-Pacer's? Worth the extra? The Turbine's do seem to hide the weeny brake disks a little better.
Hi Paul

As per my comment on your choice of keeping the silver S contrasts, I think your colour combo is one of the few that works well with the Turbines. It's a slightly more traditional/stylish look I think.

Even though I've gone helix, if I had chosen your colour combo I would have gone Turbines. They will be rarer too.

Don't know if you have seen them in person but the grey 'inside' contrasts well. They are very nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Turbines......personally I don't like the plastic inserts on the double helix

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Well, Paul, you asked for our opinions and after 16 votes I see it's a dead-heat at 8 each . . decisive I'd say! . . :lol:

Glad to see you're keeping it nice n' clean too 'aj'! . . yes, those Turbines look fantastic and, like 'andym..' said, I don't personally like the look of the plastic inserts on the Helix, it just spoils 'em a bit, which is a shame 'cos apart from that the Helix are very very nice wheels too!

The turbines, with the grey insets look nicer IMO, so that's what I'd go with if I were you . . . vote cast :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really thought about it until now but silver Helix's really do look very similar to my Evoque wheels. Lovely wheel design yes, but perhaps a change is called for.

View attachment 87

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
PaulC said:

View attachment 915
View attachment 914
Paul you are a nightmare :D you have got me at it now!, so I think the 20 black venom's are history and the 22 grey turbines and hoving into view it's only another £800 :D .

So panel given I have settled on IRR with black pack what's the verdict on the 22 grey turbines?

too much waiting time that's Polaris white to IRR and now the wheels I used to be decisive now I am not sure :) :) :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pleasure. :D

IRR needs black pack which in turn needs black wheels, particularly on IRR. 20's are the sensible choice for Shropshire lanes and being black most of the time no one can tell the rim size isn't 22" anyhow.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are but no proper off roading in this so its the pot holes that are the worry given the true section I am trying to convince myself that I can get away with the 22's

Plus they might help with the ford in winter..... not really that's tractor level only.... Wouldn't fancy that in the disco fully raised.... In the summer it's about 55 profile tyre depth, it's one of my two ways out :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is IRR with BP and silver 22's but think I prefer the grey turbines

Please all chip in

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you've already made your mind up.

Personally, my wife believes black wheels on cars look like bin lids and I know which side my bread is buttered! The black wheel ban ultimately directed my colour choice which in turn saved me £650 on black pack or put another way £650 towards the Turbine's

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes it is possible to remove helix inserts, they each have 3 socket cap screws holding them in from the rear! ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
catwoman said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
This is tighter than the Brexit/ Remain vote!!! :lol:
LOL :lol: . . that actually is funny!! . . good one Carl

(...and glad you decided to wipe that stupid annoying grin avatar, in preference for the 'jack! - I approve :p )
Funny, but hopefully not true, if the result is that close the powers that be will make some excuse to stay in......as you might guess, I am an outy :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
LOL :lol: . . that actually is funny!! . . good one Carl

(...and glad you decided to wipe that stupid annoying grin avatar, in preference for the 'jack! - I approve :p )
Hahaha cat woman!!! I couldn't agree more about that bloody laughing Emoji!!! I wanted an avatar but the limit is so small I was struggling to find one so apologies you all suffered it!! Firmly in the delete bin!! ;) :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Biased as well as I went DSB and Turbines but the vote is still tied... wow!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
View attachment 93

52% : 48%

Sure I've seen that statistic somewhere before!!

Turbines won and I've kept my spec as is. That said, having seen my colour and wheel choice in the flesh I do think the silver Helix compliment the satin chrome S trim elements better. Still, gotta draw the line somewhere!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts