• <t>Silver Blades</t>

Votes: 8 22.2%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning to change my order, but I'm still not sure about it... Please use the poll to help me make the final decision :)

In combination with a Storm Grey + Black pack + privacy glass + pano roof with black rails. I'm a 31-years old entrepreneur, what would be the best choice with the storm grey?

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
With all the other black options you've decided on, putting silver in amongst it all would be like letting a solitary Chelsea supporter in blue sit in the Stretford Road end at old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
YORKIE said:
With all the other black options you've decided on, putting silver in amongst it all would be like letting a solitary Chelsea supporter in blue sit in the Stretford Road end at old Trafford.
I disagree, silver wheels brighten up an otherwise dark dark dark exterior.

For example -

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1369&start=30

or with a slightly lighter Ammo, black vs silver here in one picture towards the bottom.

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1532

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Blaugrana said:
I'm a 31-years old entrepreneur
Not sure what that bit of information has to do with it, but as an entrepreneur of a mere 31 summers, if you can't make your own mind up on this issue then there really isn't much hope! :lol:

. . . but FWIW, the obvious choice is to go for silver and grey diamond turned wheels, it's a no-brainer if you want to achieve a distinctive quality look, blades or venoms, both good-looking wheels . . . so, your choice . . but have you not considered that all black wheels basically look the same, whatever their design? . . black!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Dble helix not on the list? Black dble helix are Matt not gloss......try and see them in the flesh!!
They look definetely awesome! But I prefer a bit more driving comfort...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Ive been in a Portfolio loaner with 20's for the last 13 days!!! Hated it!! Got back in mine and I really struggle to see why people feel 22" are so firm. All they do in Dynamic mode is make it Dynamic. Handling is so much better!!

·
Registered
688 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went through exactly the same dilemma with Storm Grey. Originally ordered silver blades but ended up switching to black blades after seeing a Storm Grey car at the dealers with black wheels which looked great.

On 20 inch vs 22 inch wheels I went with the 20 inch because they are less vulnerable to kerbing and the ride was more comfortable after driving cars with both size wheels.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Why not get 2 of each colour, give you numerous rotation options too. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Blaugrana, the wheels was also my main doubt and I'm going with Storm Grey as well.

And I agree with "F-Pace S" on accentuating the contrast:
F-Pace S said:
... silver wheels brighten up an otherwise dark dark dark exterior.
So my choice was between 19" Bionic and 19" Fan gloss black (yes no 22" wheels :roll: ) and I've chosen the later because mine is a Prestige - with chrome side window surround - without the black pack. I wish I'd have some photos - anyone :?:

In your case, Storm Grey WITH black pack - my preferred option is the Venom silver (and grey) wheels.
Otherwise I'd suggest you the Black Blades.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Attached a photo of Storm Grey with black rims (22" though)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Here's a photo of a Storm Grey F pace with black wheels that I took at the dealers. This was the reason I switched to black wheels. It looks great, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PeterT said:
View attachment 2445

Here's a photo of a Storm Grey F pace with black wheels that I took at the dealers. This was the reason I switched to black wheels. It looks great, right?
Looks great indeed! These are 20" blades?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Blaugrana said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Dble helix not on the list? Black dble helix are Matt not gloss......try and see them in the flesh!!
They look definetely awesome! But I prefer a bit more driving comfort...
Don't worry about comfort levels I really felt little difference. The main "comfort" element is the suspension.
I took 19 inch portfolio out and you could feel a deader / distinctive end to a bump just but the thing I really noticed most was the car was a bit more "wallowey" taking a turn at 20mph.

Check out the 22 double helix.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Blaugrana said:
PeterT said:
View attachment 2445

Looks great indeed! These are 20" blades?
Looks stunning, I do regret not going storm grey sometimes though suprisingly happy with the black.

Those wheels are the double helix. Matt black wheel with gloss inserts.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.