Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a post today on facebook that the above is starting to be rolled out on a phased basis. This will activate wireless carplay for Apple /Android.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Superb news, I wish I had specified wireless charging now. The only reason I didn’t was because I had to be plugged in for car play.
Does anyone know if you can retro-fit the charging mat to a M/Y 21 Fpace ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
£350 if you are in the south of the country here, a site that somebody posted on the Velar forum a couple of days ago. I have looked at their Social Media and it looks like a decent outfit, although I have not used them myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This link to Evoque forum will give set-up instructions and release notes.

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi all, I guess you’ve all had the email from jaguar regarding the pivi pro update which will give us wireless CarPlay. Has anyone actually received it yet !
I check every morning like a kid in a sweet shop but I haven’t seen anything yet 🥲

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great I was wondering if we would get this - make sense now of my wireless charging mat that I specified!
Just wondering... is the wireless charging mat actually needed for the new wireless CarPlay feature?

Wireless charging uses induction via the Qi standard. Wireless CarPlay uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi standard.

Unless there is a shared hardware component that provides both wireless charging and wireless communication, maybe the wireless CarPlay and Android connection will work on vehicles without the wireless charging mat. (As long as they support Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi).

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, I think its more the wireless charging mat was made redundant by having to plug it in to use CarPlay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, I think its more the wireless charging mat was made redundant by having to plug it in to use CarPlay.
Oh I see! Now I understand. Thanks.

If you were needing to always connect via cable to use CarPlay anyway, then the wireless charging mat was previously pointless. But now it isn’t.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not had the email yet. I did notice a software download yesterday but the system is still on 2.1.6 and none of the apps were updated so no idea what it did - it has had 3 ignition cycles since completing download.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not had the email yet. I did notice a software download yesterday but the system is still on 2.1.6 and none of the apps were updated so no idea what it did - it has had 3 ignition cycles since completing download.
It was probably an update to one of the many ECUs rather than a specific Live App eg Weather and so you will not see any record of what actually changed. If you have not already read this article it gives a useful insight into SOTA Pivi Pro SOTA Update Process

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Link to You Tube video showing V3.0 update changes

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was probably an update to one of the many ECUs rather than a specific Live App eg Weather and so you will not see any record of what actually changed. If you have not already read this article it gives a useful insight into SOTA Pivi Pro SOTA Update Process
Thanks for that, some usefull info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My pivi has just downloaded the latest update with wireless CarPlay. I’ll have a play with it tomorrow and let you know how I get on with it. Anyone else had it yet that can give any guidance on possible pitfalls?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts