Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , picked up my FP order on Friday afternoon. First thing I noticed was the bonnet alignment gaps, oh dear! Thought someone at QC might have sorted this issue by now. Next was the spec. No reclining rear seats fitted, oh dear! Attrocious valleting, dirty hand prints on drive "B" post, chalk marks highlighting paint fault visible. No explanation of function at handover. Never mind it was only £60,000. Dealer has offered a Diamong Bright treatment, anyone familiar with it?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
First - nice colour and great choice of engine

Your handover sounds sh&t and they should sit in car with you and go over basics until your ready to say let me go.
Bonnet alignment no problem just get adjusted,
Bad paintwork and missing recliners (why did you spec these out of interest. Never seen that) I'd refuse to pay and go elsewhere if it's bad and you don't get a good deal
Most dealers will do what they can to help keep the deal in place within reason.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Again its another one to add to the growing list of problems off the production line, really sorry to hear of your issues and welcome to the list of Fpace owners with production line faults, the chalk showing paint issues is a first I must add.

·
Registered
245 Posts
MDBAT said:
Well , picked up my FP order on Friday afternoon. First thing I noticed was the bonnet alignment gaps, oh dear! Thought someone at QC might have sorted this issue by now. Next was the spec. No reclining rear seats fitted, oh dear! Attrocious valleting, dirty hand prints on drive "B" post, chalk marks highlighting paint fault visible. No explanation of function at handover. Never mind it was only £60,000. Dealer has offered a Diamong Bright treatment, anyone familiar with it?
Sounds very familiar to my attempted collection. Very very poor. Sorry to hear.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So sorry to hear, I am almost getting to the stage of dreading mine coming I have to say...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
F-Pace S said:
So sorry to hear, I am almost getting to the stage of dreading mine coming I have to say...
Don't I had a great day and great pickup. Stayed there a while got a few things sorted, dealt with couple of,decent people. Sat and ran through how to use it. Full tank of fuel champagne and the sun shining.

Drove off with a yeeehaa :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
:lol:

Ok so I'm only 12 hours into real ownership but so far things are ok. The handover and dealer experience was great from day one for me so don't lose faith. As it's been said on this forum a good few times, if you're not satisfied with your dealer, take your hard earned money to someone who appreciates it

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Bonkers said:
Full tank of fuel champagne? F*** me! That will be expensive to run!
Got 16 miles to the gallon in town today - be cheaper to run on champagne:)
Still wouldn't change it

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a terrible way to treat a customer, I had terrible problems with a brand new Merc V-Class. The dealer only seemed to fix faults after it was taken back several times. Worst thing was that it was adapted to take my disabled sons wheelchair and we relied on it to get him out and about.
Hope you get it sorted soon, really looking forward to my 3.0Sc estimated delivery Nov/Dec

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.